Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Renting or borrowing CARES in Edmonton, Canada

Hello! I am looking to rent or borrow a CARES airplane safety harness in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I was advised that folks on this site would be a great resource! I have tried looking for one, but only got a result in Calgary, and we are leaving on January 26. Any tips would be appreciated! Thank you.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Moderator - CPST Instructor Pixelated's Avatar

Re: Renting or borrowing CARES in Edmonton, Canada

Hi there, and welcome to car-seat.org.

While we do have a Swap Forum where members sell a variety of items -- and where any reference to buying/selling/renting/etc needs to remain -- it's possible we can help you out without going that route as your timeline is short.

If you're after a CARES harness then I would presume you have purchased a seat on the plane for your child. What are your plans for a car seat at your destination? Is there a reason you can't bring your car seat onto the plane with you, install it and harness your child in it, and avoid the need for a CARES harness altogether? Kids tend to be much more comfortable in their usual car seat, and then you can verify the seat's whereabouts and integrity at all times. However, you might have a seat awaiting you at your destination.

If I've made some inaccurate assumptions here please forgive me, but do fill us in as to your specific travel scenario and hopefully we can give you some ideas. Buying a new CARES harness is also an option.
    Jen ~ Canadian CPST-IT with CPSAC

4. Thank You from: