October Baby talk pg 18

amyg530

so i just got my october issue of baby talk in the mail and theres a very disapointing little blurb about "safe sleeping on the go" its showing the new halo sleepsack on the go. its a wearable blanket with slots for the carseat, basicly like those bunting bags... and to top it off the picture shows loose straps and the chest clip is too low. not to mention the straps are way above the childs shoulders and she should definatly be RF, and not even ERF, just regular RF b/c she looks to be under one, and since its advertising it wit the fact that october is SIDS awareness month, you would expect her to be under one. i'm definatly gonna write a letter to the editor about it, anybody want to join me?

heres the picture, i took a pict of the mag page so its not the best quality

halosleepsack001.jpg

halosleepsack002.jpg

ADS

mimieliza

That's ridiculous! Safe sleeping? Are we supposed to think that our baby with get SIDS if they sleep with a regular blanket in the car? What crap. I love my Halo sleepsacks, but I am starting to feel that they are making a bundle of $$$ peddling paranoia.

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

We actually still use these sleep sacks with Karley. They make them up to size 4/5. We use them because she takes her pajamas off and diaper off!!! We even have to pin them shut at the bottom with a diaper pin. She is a Houdini and I don't want any wet/poopy surprises in the crib in the morning. :rolleyes:

katiesmommy

We actually still use these sleep sacks with Karley. They make them up to size 4/5. We use them because she takes her pajamas off and diaper off!!! We even have to pin them shut at the bottom with a diaper pin. She is a Houdini and I don't want any wet/poopy surprises in the crib in the morning. :rolleyes:

Oh boy, we just recently got out of that phase. The only thing that worked for us: duct tape the diaper, all the way around, then layer tights, onesie, and backwards pajamas. Skip any step and the diaper some how came off even if here pj's were still on. GROSS!

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

We've duck taped the diaper on. Package taped it on. But I don't feel comfortable with that and she won't use the potty. It's stressful. :eek:

Kalinky

Senior Community Member
I saw that on Friday - it made me shudder! I got on their website and wrote them a long e-mail through the "contact us" link noting the issue date and page number. I mentioned:

-"after market" products are not crash tested with seats and are not safe, especially ones that interfere with the harness and lie in between the child and car seat
-Chest clip too low
-Harness too loose
-Motor vehicle accidents are the number 1 cause of child injuries and deaths. A parent seeing that picture/article in Baby Talk Magazine now thinks that this type of misuse is OK. It is NOT.
-When publishing ANYTHING involving child passenger safety, please do your homework first!

I didn't say anything about the fact that she should still be RF. It's always hard for me to tell ages. But do I personally think that baby should still be RF? You bet:).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC