Britax Boulevard Headrest Foam

kaitlyn727

My 22 month old is currently RF in his Boulevard G3. I really like the seat, but the foam on the headrest cracked. We haven't even had it a year! I have already gotten the replacement part but it makes me wonder how sturdy the thing is. It seems like there would be some sort of plastic reinforcing it. We aren't rough on it either and I have never seen him pull or tug on it. Please reassure me that I won't have to deal with cracked foam every year...

ADS

Keeyamah

Not sure, but crazy question,any chance someone is leaning on the seat as they buckle/unbuckle kiddo? My hubby likes to do that a lot, I remind him not to every time I see him, but he still does it.

cmcki737

My 22 month old is currently RF in his Boulevard G3. I really like the seat, but the foam on the headrest cracked. We haven't even had it a year! I have already gotten the replacement part but it makes me wonder how sturdy the thing is. It seems like there would be some sort of plastic reinforcing it. We aren't rough on it either and I have never seen him pull or tug on it. Please reassure me that I won't have to deal with cracked foam every year...
I received one new in box that was broken. Britax replaced it free but I too am a but concerned about the strength of it :/

MommyShannon

I'm not a tech, but my understanding is it's normal. That foam isn't meant to be tough and sturdy, it's to absorb forces vs the child 's head hitting a more rigid material. It's the nature of the foam.

cmcki737

I'm not a tech, but my understanding is it's normal. That foam isn't meant to be tough and sturdy, it's to absorb forces vs the child 's head hitting a more rigid material. It's the nature of the foam.
I have a few seats with head wings and I must say the britax ones on the blvd seems the most likely to break again. I believe you are correct though and that they are designed that way for a purpose. At least the replacement is only $15

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC