Vacation Car Seat Planning

ctbcleveland

So - here are the stats:

DS#1 - 6.5 yrs -Full time HBB rider. Probably low 40 lbs (42-44)
DS#2 - 4.5 yrs - Full time in a harnessed seat. Probably high 30 lbs (38?)

Available seats: RSTV, Bubblebum, safeguard go, regular LBB (Harmony).

We are flying to our destination but will need a car for a 2.5 hour drive across the state. During the end of the trip, the kids will be regularly in and out of cars.

Right now, I am planning on taking the Go for the 4.5 year old and the BB and RSTV for the 6.5 year old. Our long drive is likely over nap time, and expect both will sleep. I am concerned about DS#1 sleeping in a backless booster, hence the RSTV. I figure the BB will be more convenient thereafter, particularly because DH will be taking them solo.

The go is a nice seat, but it is much bulkier than the other options.

If we weren't driving across the state, I would take the RSTV for #2 and either the BB or the Harmony LBB for #1.

Am I missing something? Should I rethink these options?

WWYD?

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
After reading your seats Go and BB is what i was gonna say. :) Emma slept great in her BB on our HI trip, it was the first time she'd slept in a backless and i got nervous but she looked up!

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I think taking the Go, the RSTV, and the BB is a good idea. At the end of the trip, you can use the RSTV for the younger child and the BB for the older one, but for the longer portion you can use the Go for the younger child and the RSTV for the older one. This combination gives you maximum flexibility to adapt to your situation.

ctbcleveland

Since the go will be installed, we probably won't bother to put #2 in another seat.

Thanks guys!!! This makes me feel better. This is always the part of the trip that I sweat about the most.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC