Traveling with backless turbo booster

U

Unregistered

Has anyone taken a backless turbo on a airplane? I do know it can not be used during the flight :). But as far as a carry on I am looking for btdt ideas. Overhead bin, under the seat, ?. Thank you

ADS

Mommy!

It should fit fine in the overhead bin; the child themself can carry it on as their "personal item" (like a purse for example).

How old are your kids, and what do they normally ride in?

Some parents whose children usually ride in a high back booster (like the high back Turbo) pack the back portion in a checked suitcase padded with clothes and have the child carry on the seat, with the idea that they can be used together as a high back booster at destination, but if the luggage was lost, the seat itself could be used alone as a backless booster.

aept

We were going to takes a backless turbo on a flight but ended up getting the harmony lightrider booster instead. (Actually two of them - for our 5 and 7 year olds.)
It weighed about half as much as a turbo and it fit well in the overhead bin. With it weighing less, we didn't feel too bad making the kids carry it some of the time. (We also had a stroller, an almost two year old, and his carseat.)
It only costs about $14-15 at Walmart so it makes a good spare when you are done traveling.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

U

Unregistered

Child will be 8 at time of travel. Currently rides with the back portion in hubby's car. She prefers the turbo over the Cruz (backup seat or use in tight spaces).

Mommy!

If she's used to using it with the back, I would pack the back in a suitcase and carry on the seat.

That way if you end up in a taxi that has no head restraints her head and neck will be protected.

aeormsby

We just put the NBB in the overhead bin. The kids each have smaller rolling bags that fit under their seats and I'd rather have their activities available than the booster. For getting it through the airport I just kind of set it on top of the rolling bag, next time I'm going to try to remember a bungee or strap to keep it in place better.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC