Britax "Check Fit" fix

ADS

teekadog

I just called Britax to ask if the zebra pattern will still be available after the change and the rep said she believed it would. She said they are only making a slight change to the armrests- bringing them out a bit farther- and she didn't expect the covers to change.

rfk

Well, darn. We are buying a FR90 in June or July. Was hoping it would be updated by then.

There was a post earlier suggesting Q2... assuming that's calendar year 2014, April-June would be in your time frame.

That said, I have successfully "reclaimed" an old Frontier (80) and Nautilus to hold us over until the revised Britax & new Diono seats all (hopefully) arrive in the spring.

Cath3114

There was a post earlier suggesting Q2... assuming that's calendar year 2014, April-June would be in your time frame. That said, I have successfully "reclaimed" an old Frontier (80) and Nautilus to hold us over until the revised Britax & new Diono seats all (hopefully) arrive in the spring.

I hope so. I need to order from Amazon so it would also depend on how current their stock would be. I'll just have to keep checking.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
We will update if we have any news on production changes. Don't forget to use a forum link or banner to Amazon before you make a purchase;-)

rfk

We will update if we have any news on production changes.

I have learned so much about child safety from this site, and I am very grateful.

However looking back at posts & discussions, it seems the Britax Embargo Is Strong With This Issue.

Just saying.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Sometimes companies do enforce a media embargo on information, but usually only for major things like new product announcements, recalls, major changes, etc. In this case, all I was given was 2nd quarter of this year, sorry!

rfk

Sometimes companies do enforce a media embargo on information, but usually only for major things like new product announcements, recalls, major changes, etc. In this case, all I was given was 2nd quarter of this year, sorry!

No worries, I was just happy to make a play on Star Wars... assuming someone/anyone caught it...

Thanks again.

Keeyamah

No worries, I was just happy to make a play on Star Wars... assuming someone/anyone caught it... Thanks again.

It twinged a thought in my mind as well, but it did take me a little to get it. But I'm not a super huge Star Wars :)

NatNat's Mom

Just got off the phone with Britax & after asking about this, was offered the SG Clip for each of my seats for free.

-Mommy to Natalia (4) 37.5lbs, 44" harnessed in a Britax Frontier 90 & occasionally Frontier 85 & MA 70

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Just got off the phone with Britax & after asking about this, was offered the SG Clip for each of my seats for free.

-Mommy to Natalia (4) 37.5lbs, 44" harnessed in a Britax Frontier 90 & occasionally Frontier 85 & MA 70

It's great that they are doing this. You not only get a better booster mode lap belt fit, but also get a 4th point of restraint at the crotch to help reduce the chance the child is out of position or could submarine under the belt.

rfk

Any new news on the Frontier 90 design refresh? Q2 is just a month away (but the end of Q2 is four months away).

Just borrowed back an old Frontier (80) & Nautilus, so we're good for as long as necessary...

AmyB454

Super bummed upon reading about this fit issue! I hadn't heard a thing about until now when I was googling to see about proper belt position with our Pinnacle 90. So, what I understand from reading all of this is that I spent hundreds on this stinkin' gigantic seat in the name of safety and now the belt isn't sitting low enough on my child's lap? I'm quite disappointed. If I call Britax I'm just going to be offered what? A band-aid clip for it? Seriously. Such a disappointment. I suppose I should pull our old Frontier 85 out and try using that as a booster instead of the Pinnacle 90?

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Super bummed upon reading about this fit issue! I hadn't heard a thing about until now when I was googling to see about proper belt position with our Pinnacle 90. So, what I understand from reading all of this is that I spent hundreds on this stinkin' gigantic seat in the name of safety and now the belt isn't sitting low enough on my child's lap? I'm quite disappointed. If I call Britax I'm just going to be offered what? A band-aid clip for it? Seriously. Such a disappointment. I suppose I should pull our old Frontier 85 out and try using that as a booster instead of the Pinnacle 90?

The Secure Guard Clip is not a band-aid, it has been standard on the Parkway and optional on the Frontier models for a few years now. It not only correctly adjusts the lap belt, but also provides a 4th point of restraint not available in most other boosters.

Have you tested the fit? If you have an older child, it may be a good fit even without the clip. "Check Fit" doesn't mean "Bad Fit". It just means you need to check it yourself. Honestly, getting a free Secure Guard accessory clip is a pretty good deal in my opinion. But if you just bought it and are already using it as a booster, you might also consider returning it for a much less expensive dedicated high back booster seat.

AmyB454

The Secure Guard Clip is not a band-aid, it has been standard on the Parkway and optional on the Frontier models for a few years now. It not only correctly adjusts the lap belt, but also provides a 4th point of restraint not available in most other boosters.

Have you tested the fit? If you have an older child, it may be a good fit even without the clip. "Check Fit" doesn't mean "Bad Fit". It just means you need to check it yourself. Honestly, getting a free Secure Guard accessory clip is a pretty good deal in my opinion. But if you just bought it and are already using it as a booster, you might also consider returning it for a much less expensive dedicated high back booster seat.

I bought the seat some time ago, whenever they first came out, to use in harness mode. I just tried converting it to booster mode today for my 6 year old and now I'm unsure of the belt placement across her lap. It seems like it sits too far up on her upper thighs and onto her belly on the side where the seat belt fastens. I ended up converting our old Frontier 85 and that gives a better fit across her lap. I'll contact Britax tomorrow and see about the Secure Guard clip.

aporthole

I bought the seat some time ago, whenever they first came out, to use in harness mode. I just tried converting it to booster mode today for my 6 year old and now I'm unsure of the belt placement across her lap. It seems like it sits too far up on her upper thighs and onto her belly on the side where the seat belt fastens. I ended up converting our old Frontier 85 and that gives a better fit across her lap. I'll contact Britax tomorrow and see about the Secure Guard clip.

Has she outgrown the harness?

AmyB454

Has she outgrown the harness?

No, she hasn't. She is no longer comfortable in the harness, though. I've heard nothing but complaints for days. I caved. I also read on this site (on another post) that there is no significant difference in safety between a harness and a properly positioned belt using a booster for older kids. She is of average height, a little over 40lbs and is always sitting still and not slumping or sleeping in the car.

Keeyamah

No, she hasn't. She is no longer comfortable in the harness, though. I've heard nothing but complaints for days. I caved. I also read on this site (on another post) that there is no significant difference in safety between a harness and a properly positioned belt using a booster for older kids. She is of average height, a little over 40lbs and is always sitting still and not slumping or sleeping in the car.

Just throwing this out there that she might be more comfortable in a dedicated booster such as the Graco Turbobooster, Evenflo Amp or Britax Parkway at her petite size. There are others, those were just the first three that came to my mind :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC