The results are in! Growing room comparison My Ride, Britax and Peg convertibles

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Today I happen to have some time, a Britax G3 Roundabout, a Graco My Ride and a Peg Perego Primo Vaggio convertible handy so I decided to figure out growing room for reals! Note that the Roundabout shell is the same as the G3/G4 Marathon, Boulevard, Pavilion, Advocate, etc. shell.

The seats were not installed but I assembled them on my floor in the RF configuration and use folded blankets to put under the back and get them at their most upright allowed angle since that is the angle they are in the respective vehicles they are installed in.

My Ride - 30°
PVC - 35°
Roundabout - 30°

My child is a 2 + a couple weeks. She's tiny, 23# I think and 33.5-34". She's also longer in the legs than the torso. The Peg is at the 7th headrest click, max for RF. She's harnessed in each pic, not drive worthy but good enough for the measurements. Obviously the MR needs to be moved down to the 2nd slots but this seat is new and hasn't been used in the vehicle yet. The Peg is above her shoulders since it goes up with the headrest.

Without further adieu....pics!

My Ride:

growth%201.jpg

Primo Viaggio conv:

growth%207.jpg

Roundabout:

growth%208.jpg

Here is the Peg from the side at the 7th click:

growth%205.jpg

and Peg from the back when headrest is at 7th click, you should see 6 square holes:

growth%203.jpg

How I measured with DVD case and then I used my phone along the top flat to get the intersection point and mark the case with Sharpie. Her head is down in this pic but I measured with her head flat against the back of the seat in all pics.

growth%202.jpg

And adding a pic of the True Fit 670C (True Fit Premier Canadian edition) (standard disclaimer, harness adjustment is not roady worthy):

growth%206.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Re: The results are in! Growing room comparison My Ride, Britax and Peg convertible

And the winner is......

Graco My Ride! With 6" above her head, 5" growth. The PVC and the Roundabout TIED for 2nd place with 5.5" above her head and 4.5" growth. Yes, those two are identical! I truly thought the PVC had more growing room, but I have now proved to myself that it does not.

ETA: and since I added a True Fit pic, she has 7.5" above her head, 6.5" growing room.

Last edited:

jjordan

Re: The results are in! Growing room comparison My Ride, Britax and Peg convertible

That's awesome. Thanks. And she is amazingly cute. Which, of course, you already know, but it doesn't hurt to say it anyway. :)

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador

That's awesome. Thanks. And she is amazingly cute. Which, of course, you already know, but it doesn't hurt to say it anyway. :)

Aww, thanks! And she's got a bit of a cold today with red cheeks, and crusty snotty nose. LOL And she was up at 6 and 14 hours later when I took the pics hadn't napped yet. I am surprised I got her to cooperate!

rachelandtyke

I like that MR cover! I'm surprised the PVC didn't win! DD2 has a new RA50 waiting, so I'm happy to hear that will as long as a PVC anyway. :)

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I like that MR cover! I'm surprised the PVC didn't win! DD2 has a new RA50 waiting, so I'm happy to hear that will as long as a PVC anyway. :)

Is the RA50 a classic shell like the Marathon? The one in my pic is a RA55, not sure what they call it in the USA, but it shares the shell with the G3/G4 Marathon, Boulevard, Pavilion, etc. Not sure if the classic shells are any taller?

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Is the RA50 a classic shell like the Marathon? The one in my pic is a RA55, not sure what they call it in the USA, but it shares the shell with the G3/G4 Marathon, Boulevard, Pavilion, etc. Not sure if the classic shells are any taller?

I believe the classic shells are taller than the newer generation Britax seats.

rachelandtyke

good catch, yeah it's a classic shell. IIRC some found they got a little more growth room in that over the RA55?

featherhead

I think DD3 is about the same height, but a couple pounds heavier. And I'm pretty sure a longer torso! She uses the 4th slots in the Radian, though she might be a bit under them. Hard to tell with her fleece and hat and hood on. I was thinking about a PVC for DD4, but she has a longer torso as well... So I'm not sure now.

YinzerMama

I also found the peg and the current britaxes to have the same amount of shell. I wanted the peg to be magic so badly but it didn't have any advantage over the britax for us.

Yes the class britaxes are nice and tall, about neck in neck with the myride. I am so sad my classic marathon is expiring this year. It's had a very good life with us. :)

Reactions: Kel

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I also found the peg and the current britaxes to have the same amount of shell. I wanted the peg to be magic so badly but it didn't have any advantage over the britax for us.

For us Canadians, the Peg has more leg room than the Britax seats, quite a bit more. But we have the ARB bar that gives us that. Not sure how it would compare without it as it's too cold for me to install them both and check. :D

Well and now that the G4 Britax's require rear tethering here, the Peg also has the advantage that you don't have an Aussie style rear tether in your way or worry about having to find some place reasonable to Swedish tether.

Chila88

Gotta love that MR.....I will be so sad if a Graco ever discontinues that seat!!

I'm surprised about the PVC and Britax....I really thought that the PVR would win too....but even so with the same shell height as Britax, same easy install, more leg room and no goofy tether rule (in Cda).....I see their Cdn sales rising dramatically. They must just be sitting in a board room somewhere with a huge grin on their face. And I'd like to think Britax is in a boardroom somewhere panicking. They should be anyway!!

ETA: I also should mention one other thing I much prefer about the Peg over the new Britax shells is how spacious the interior seating area is IMO. I always felt as though I was jamming DD into her MA65 RF'ing, it was just squishy! She was big though...but DS is big as well, and I find his Peg so much more spacious. :2thumbsup:

SnoGurl

I love that MR cover! Where is it from? I was debating the green one from target, but have a thing against light coloured seats (dirt! Blech!).

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Sears, $139 I believe. :)

:yeahthat: Angie let me know that the price in the Sears Spring catalogue and new baby catalogue is $139 but when I went in the store, their price is still $199. Either they have lowered the price in the new catalogue or it's a pricing error. So they price matched the catalogue price for me.

I'll warn everyone that the cover looks better in pics than in real. :p The dots are cute but the rest of the fabric is a bit bland and looks a little cheap IMO compared to the My Ride velour/soft covers.

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
:Either they have lowered the price in the new catalogue or it's a pricing error. So they price matched the catalogue price for me.

I'm pretty sure that they have the details listed for the Evenflo SureRide yet have a photo of the MyRide. I don't see it online right now but sometime in the last week when I posted sales it caught my eye right away as an awesome price until I noticed it was the SureRide they were describing. Someone must have caught it online.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I'm pretty sure that they have the details listed for the Evenflo SureRide yet have a photo of the MyRide. I don't see it online right now but sometime in the last week when I posted sales it caught my eye right away as an awesome price until I noticed it was the SureRide they were describing. Someone must have caught it online.

You're onto something. I just checked the spring catalogue. The pic is of the My Ride, the description is correct for the My Ride, and it says My Ride. So everything good there. The problem is they have the SureRide item number and price listed below the My Ride. The My Ride is supposed to be item #327 927 014 and they have 323 027 037 listed which is the Sure Ride.

So yup an error. Which I was not aware of when I went in.

Keeks64

:yeahthat: Angie let me know that the price in the Sears Spring catalogue and new baby catalogue is $139 but when I went in the store, their price is still $199. Either they have lowered the price in the new catalogue or it's a pricing error. So they price matched the catalogue price for me. I'll warn everyone that the cover looks better in pics than in real. :p The dots are cute but the rest of the fabric is a bit bland and looks a little cheap IMO compared to the My Ride velour/soft covers.

I just had this cover come through at a check .... It is cute but yeah cheapie looking. I find all cnd MyRide covers are really thin & almost startchy. I wish we would get plush ones like the cuddle :(

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC