Question Baby Jogger City Select in Double Mode through Airport

cmcki737

Has anyone taken a BJCS in double mode through airport security and gate check? Thinking it would be a pain bc of having to take it apart to fit through X-ray machine and for gate check but maybe I'm overthinking this.

ADS

newyorkDOC

Depends on the airport. Some let you go through the special gate and use a wand to check you over, others make you take it apart.

I've gate checked it and that locking mechanism sucks. Mine BJCS got jammed in the baggage belt bc it had opened up in handling. I've never travelled with it again after that.

Snow mom

I haven't traveled with the BJCS stroller but have with another stroller which does not go through the X-ray. They send the stroller through special security which includes swabbing it. You just have to empty everything out and they take it from there. Honestly my stroller would probably fit through the X-ray if I folded it and removed the wheels but I don't think the TSA are familiar with stroller features. The bigger concern is what the airline is willing to gate check which varies by airline and as PP mentioned not having your stroller destroyed.

cmcki737

Beginning to think that I should just take the city mini single with board and the bjorn one for the rare times neither the toddler nor the preschooler is able to walk. We are doing WDW but since we are staying on the monorail walking is cut down a little

cmcki737

Depends on the airport. Some let you go through the special gate and use a wand to check you over, others make you take it apart. I've gate checked it and that locking mechanism sucks. Mine BJCS got jammed in the baggage belt bc it had opened up in handling. I've never travelled with it again after that.
Not as worried about gate checking and handling as it is a private flight and the crew is employees of my husbands company

sm1982

Beginning to think that I should just take the city mini single with board and the bjorn one for the rare times neither the toddler nor the preschooler is able to walk. We are doing WDW but since we are staying on the monorail walking is cut down a little

You could bring a small umbrella stroller to get you through the airport and rent a stroller in Disney. There's plenty of companies that will deliver a stroller right to your hotel. I know a few months ago Apple Rental was the cheapest for a double, not sure if that's changed.

cmcki737

You could bring a small umbrella stroller to get you through the airport and rent a stroller in Disney. There's plenty of companies that will deliver a stroller right to your hotel. I know a few months ago Apple Rental was the cheapest for a double, not sure if that's changed.
I'm so leery of stroller rentals bc of issues we had in Atlantis. Did you do well with Apple?

sm1982

I'm so leery of stroller rentals bc of issues we had in Atlantis. Did you do well with Apple?

I didn't personally, but close friends of mine did in November and had no problems. The stroller was clean and waiting for them when they arrived at the hotel.

J-max

CPST Instructor
When we did WDW, I packed my BJCS in a SKJP/Diono travel bag. It was a tight fit, but with the wheels off it fits. I tossed a few sweatshirts and diapers in to pad the pointy ends of the wheels and checked it and it did fine.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC