Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Double stroller ?

Okay I bought a used baby jogger city mini double off a local woman for 80$..maybe 90$? Anyways I didn't want to buy new incase I didn't like the side by side as I've only had tandems. There are a few things about it that I can't stand that I'm wondering if they've improved in the new models of even the bagile double.
    Things I can't stand
    Doesnt lock when folded
    Doesnt stand when folded
    Seats at most up-right position are still reclined
    Harness strap length is hard to adjust
    basket access is limited and almost useless
    back support is non existent... sling like

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: Double stroller ?

Yup, some of those things have been improved. I'm not totally familiar with what years the changes happened, but I believe they did add an automatic lock, "better" access to the basket by making the back bar "u-shaped", and corrugated plastic in the seat bottoms and backs for more support.

Due to the way it folds, I don't believe there is a way for it to stand on it's own, but I was usually able to prop it up against stuff if I needed to.

I had a newer model BJCM and an older BJCMD for a short period of time. To be honest, I don't get all the hype. I mean, the fold is easy-peasy and it's lightweight, but there isn't anything spectacular about it in my book.

If you search stroller threads, you'll quickly see I'm a huge Valco fan. I have only tried a demo in store, but I really liked their Snap double, except I absolutely needed independent canopies when I was purchasing and at that point it didn't have them. The 2014 models according to StrollerQueen from the ABC Expo, will have independent canopies now! I went with the Zee2 at the time and don't regret it at all, but it is probably "more" than you need if you were otherwise happy with the BJCMD.

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by jordansmom View Post
    Yup, some of those things have been improved. I'm not totally familiar with what years the changes happened, but I believe they did add an automatic lock, "better" access to the basket by making the back bar "u-shaped", and corrugated plastic in the seat bottoms and backs for more support.

Due to the way it folds, I don't believe there is a way for it to stand on it's own, but I was usually able to prop it up against stuff if I needed to.

I had a newer model BJCM and an older BJCMD for a short period of time. To be honest, I don't get all the hype. I mean, the fold is easy-peasy and it's lightweight, but there isn't anything spectacular about it in my book.

If you search stroller threads, you'll quickly see I'm a huge Valco fan. I have only tried a demo in store, but I really liked their Snap double, except I absolutely needed independent canopies when I was purchasing and at that point it didn't have them. The 2014 models according to StrollerQueen from the ABC Expo, will have independent canopies now! I went with the Zee2 at the time and don't regret it at all, but it is probably "more" than you need if you were otherwise happy with the BJCMD.
    Thank you... I forgot about the threads awhile back raving about the valcos!

CPS Technician

I was also going to suggest the Valcos. The Snap Dual or Zee Two would probably fix a lot of what you don't like currently.
    A sweet daughter - born Oct '11, RFing in a Foonf, Peg Perego convertible and a Nextfit
    A wonderful son - born Feb '13, RFing in 2 Coccoros and a Peg convertible
    3 under 3 coming soon with surprise baby in August '14 - getting the Keyfit