Double stroller ?

mscarder

Okay I bought a used baby jogger city mini double off a local woman for 80$..maybe 90$? Anyways I didn't want to buy new incase I didn't like the side by side as I've only had tandems. There are a few things about it that I can't stand that I'm wondering if they've improved in the new models of even the bagile double.
Things I can't stand
Doesnt lock when folded
Doesnt stand when folded
Seats at most up-right position are still reclined
Harness strap length is hard to adjust
basket access is limited and almost useless
back support is non existent... sling like

ADS

jordansmom

Yup, some of those things have been improved. I'm not totally familiar with what years the changes happened, but I believe they did add an automatic lock, "better" access to the basket by making the back bar "u-shaped", and corrugated plastic in the seat bottoms and backs for more support.

Due to the way it folds, I don't believe there is a way for it to stand on it's own, but I was usually able to prop it up against stuff if I needed to.

I had a newer model BJCM and an older BJCMD for a short period of time. To be honest, I don't get all the hype. I mean, the fold is easy-peasy and it's lightweight, but there isn't anything spectacular about it in my book.

If you search stroller threads, you'll quickly see I'm a huge Valco fan. I have only tried a demo in store, but I really liked their Snap double, except I absolutely needed independent canopies when I was purchasing and at that point it didn't have them. The 2014 models according to StrollerQueen from the ABC Expo, will have independent canopies now! I went with the Zee2 at the time and don't regret it at all, but it is probably "more" than you need if you were otherwise happy with the BJCMD.

mscarder

Yup, some of those things have been improved. I'm not totally familiar with what years the changes happened, but I believe they did add an automatic lock, "better" access to the basket by making the back bar "u-shaped", and corrugated plastic in the seat bottoms and backs for more support.

Due to the way it folds, I don't believe there is a way for it to stand on it's own, but I was usually able to prop it up against stuff if I needed to.

I had a newer model BJCM and an older BJCMD for a short period of time. To be honest, I don't get all the hype. I mean, the fold is easy-peasy and it's lightweight, but there isn't anything spectacular about it in my book.

If you search stroller threads, you'll quickly see I'm a huge Valco fan. I have only tried a demo in store, but I really liked their Snap double, except I absolutely needed independent canopies when I was purchasing and at that point it didn't have them. The 2014 models according to StrollerQueen from the ABC Expo, will have independent canopies now! I went with the Zee2 at the time and don't regret it at all, but it is probably "more" than you need if you were otherwise happy with the BJCMD.

Thank you... I forgot about the threads awhile back raving about the valcos!

ebp913

I was also going to suggest the Valcos. The Snap Dual or Zee Two would probably fix a lot of what you don't like currently.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC