Car Sales People and Car Seats

scoutingbear

I have the potential to do a talk for a group of car sales people on car seats. I am discussing with the owner of a local dealership right now. In order for me to really lay out why he should have me come in and do the presentation (and then what to present), I have put together a short survey. If you have a moment, please take it! :) I have my own answers but it would be so nice if I could get a wide range of responses.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/V7ZR2JV

ADS

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Took it, but I used to sell cars, so I answered the last question based on stuff I heard in-house.

Keeyamah

Went to go take it and then remembered that I have never bought a car from a car lot, lol. It's all been private party or, in the case of our last two vehicles, gifted to us.

Mysweethoneybee

I took it but then I wasn't thinking and actually put what kind of questions I asked in the place where I was supposed to put other I think. And for the record we ended up buying a used van not a new one with the last purchase, but we did go to dealer ships and the person I asked didn't know how the seat belts in the back worked or what a booster seat was. We had to get out the manual and figure it out ourselves.

penguingrooves

done. i hope you get the chance to educate!

LISmama810 said:
Done!

The only thing I really expect them to know anything about is the location of lower anchors and top tethers...and they usually don't.

i also added possible rear tether points to the seat in front. (ot that's what i tried to say but may have screwed up on the survey.) i'm probably expecting too much.

SavsMom

I hope you get the chance to do this. Having worked in the auto industry for years it is amazing how little knowledge sales people have regarding basic car seat information.

aeormsby

I just thought of something else (took the survey last night)...

Knowing how the seatbelts lock would be helpful also.

scoutingbear

Thank you to those that have answered so far. I have about 80 respondents and would love a sample group of at least 100. If you want to pass the link on to family or friends, please feel free to do so.

My goal isn't to have them become CPST's or Even give car seat advice. More its to bring awareness of where information is included in the manual and how car seats go in the car (seatbelt, LATCH, tether anchors) and encourage parents to try their seats in vehicles.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC