Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

New Video - Why Children Should Travel Rear-Facing

Dr. Marilyn Bull explains clearly and eloquently why children are safer when they travel in the rear-facing position. It's a great video and will be a part of the new standardized curriculum for training future CPS Technicians.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0Cx-39XRCY"]Why Children Should Travel Rear Facing - YouTube[/ame]

Me & the kids at Dorel

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: New Video - Why Children Should Travel Rear-Facing

Very good video! Would be nice if they would teach ERF up here. When I took the course 3 years ago, there was not a single mention of it.

Heather ~ CRST ~ mom to...
    S ~ Harmony nbb, K ~ Parkway SG
    M ~ Radian XTSL, S ~ Fllo
    T ~ June 4, 2016 ~ Boulevard G4.1

She is lovely! So endearing and kind. And that is a very good video.

I am excited for all new technicians to watch this video! Now we'll know, that if they were awake, they all will have received the information on extended rear-facing.
    Christine *mom* to

Dd1 age 17 (seatbelt), Dd2 age 15 (seatbelt), Ds1 age 14 (seatbelt), Dd4 age 12 (Seatbelt), Ds2 age 10 (Probooster), Dd4 age 7 (rstv), and dd5 age 1 (rfing Pria)

Posted this on my facebook page!!!
    Heather car seat geek since the early 80's & WAHM
    DD1, 17, adult SB, DD2, 15, adult SB, DD3, 13 Adult Seatbelt DD4,9, 5 steppingDS1, 9,5 stepping, DS2, 5, Harmony Defender in booster mode all in our 2009 Suburban!!!

Already had some one ask me about Rear facing in a rear impact crash. I linked them to Rachel's story. Are there any other good resources that can be used to answer that question?
    Heather car seat geek since the early 80's & WAHM
    DD1, 17, adult SB, DD2, 15, adult SB, DD3, 13 Adult Seatbelt DD4,9, 5 steppingDS1, 9,5 stepping, DS2, 5, Harmony Defender in booster mode all in our 2009 Suburban!!!

Here's another anecdote of a 16 month old RF in a severe rear-end collision, with the child unharmed (but FF older brother definitely banged and bruised): http://myangelsaliandpeanut.tripod.com/id5.html
    Mom to tall guy, 6, in a Frontier 90 and Graco Affix
    - - - and small guy (not so small any more!), 3, RFing in a Clek Fllo and Cosco Scenera NEXT