Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Radian

CPS Fanatic

Radian

oldest children in radian how old and any images also youngest? TIA

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Radian

My 7 year old still fits with enough shoulder room and leg support. Her only complaint is the seat bottom being a little hard after sitting for a long time. Her shoulders are just below the top slots and she has a 17 inch torso. Her other stats are in my siggy. Sorry, I don't have any pictures of her in it, but I do have pictures of my 5.5 year old who is almost the same size as her.

Sorry he has that big bag in the way.
    Angie mama to R 4 years, 33 lbs/38 inches in a radian
    W 7 years,66 lbs/51 inches in a parkway
    M 9 years, 58 lbs/51 inches in a parkway

Carseat Crazy

thepeach80 posted some pics of her 8lb newborn DD in a Radian last fall. You can see them here: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=9395

For the oldest, I think that member Babygirllyndsey has an 8 1/2yo DD who is in a Radian. If you look at her profile in the link below, you can see a pic of her DD in the Radian:
    http://www.car-seat.org/member.php?u=1212

Senior Community Member scatterbunny's Avatar

Hayley is 6 years, 3 months and was 6 years, 1 month when I tried her in the Radian. She is tall for her age and had about an inch to go before she was over the top slots. She's taller than musicmaj's daughter, I think, but must be longer-legged, because she does not find the leg depth of the Radian to be deep enough. Even though she fits heightwise I don't think I could get her to ride in this seat.
    ~Jenny

"When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people." ~Abraham Joshua Hesche

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus Defrost's Avatar

Here's my 58 lb 9 year old in the Radian (he doesn't ride in it, I just took the pic for illustrating). His shoulders are over the top slots, but since Radian allows it, he technically still fits in this seat. I didn't get a full-length shot, but while he looks a bit cramped in the butt/legs, he said it felt comfy.

My 38lb 7 year old:

My friend's long-torsoed 19 month old:
    Debbie, CPST-I
    driving my '07 Mazda5 with
    Thomas (18) * Sam (17) * Patrick (15) * Macha (13)
    Safely secured with seat belts - everyone, every ride!

Debbie, I just love the looks your 9 year gives in the carseat pictures. He must be a ham!

Jenny, my dd is 3ft 11 inches. She won't "technically" be 7 until Wednesday at 2:02 pm.lol She wears a size 6 pant and size 7 shirts. Dd's knees are at the edge of the radian's seat. My ds knees fall in the same spot. Hayley's legs are definitely longer than my kids. I know that makes finding suitable seats difficult.

To the op - I am hoping that my son in the picture I posted earlier will make it to 7 years old in the radian. He is currently 5 years and 7 months old and in the 75% for both height and weight. He has a 16 1/4 inch torso. I think it is safe to say the radian can fit long thin kids till 5-7 years old and shorter petite kids for even longer.

To the op,
    I think the radian is great for long thin kids up to about age 6 or 7.
    Angie mama to R 4 years, 33 lbs/38 inches in a radian
    W 7 years,66 lbs/51 inches in a parkway
    M 9 years, 58 lbs/51 inches in a parkway

Quote Originally Posted by musicmaj View Post
    Debbie, I just love the looks your 9 year gives in the carseat pictures. He must be a ham!
    LOL, yeah, "ham" would be a bit of an understatement. The only way he'll happily pose for me is if I let him make faces.
    Debbie, CPST-I

Senior Community Member BABYGIRLLYNDSEY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ccjones View Post
    thepeach80 posted some pics of her 8lb newborn DD in a Radian last fall. You can see them here: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=9395

For the oldest, I think that member Babygirllyndsey has an 8 1/2yo DD who is in a Radian. If you look at her profile in the link below, you can see a pic of her DD in the Radian:
    http://www.car-seat.org/member.php?u=1212
    Hey, That one link is my daughter. She will be 9 on October 12th and she uses a Radian daily. She is right at the top shoulder slots. I need to get a photo of Lyndsey and Karley side by side in their Radians.
    Mom to four ages 25, 23, 18 & 11. Busia to my new grandson.

CPS Fanatic

Thanks for the replies.

How many of the older children are in radian 80 and radian 65?
    Also are the two the same for height slots/width etc?

Quote Originally Posted by NZ Child Restraints View Post
    How many of the older children are in radian 80 and radian 65?
    Also are the two the same for height slots/width etc?
    Mine's an 80, but from what I understand the only difference between the two is the 80 has extra reinforcement in the frame. Slot height, width, everything else is identical. Oh, and the 80 comes with infant inserts.
    Debbie, CPST-I

Senior Community Member canadianmom2three's Avatar

My DD was still riding in the Radian65 every chance she got (it is her little brother's really) at 7y and a couple months(I forget exactly), she outgrew it by weight before height actually...All I have is a shoulder shot of her, showing harness height. She loved that Radian, if it was the 80 she might still be riding in it!! In fact, if she had laid eyes on that princess80 I think I may have had some serious whining on my hands.