HELP NOW!!! Vomit on Straps & Cover!!!

arly1983

We are in Atlanta, roughly 3.5 hours from home!

Camille threw up prunes and milk (yuck!) on her MA.

I washed out the straps with plain water and they are laying flat in the sun on the patio.

The cover is in the washing machine.

I wiped down the shell (and my leather seat) with warm soapy water and went back over it with a damp cloth.

HERE IS MY QUESTION:(PLEASE HELP ME)

-How long do you think it will take everything to dry?

We need to leave by at least 3 or 4 this afternoon. Should I just run to the nearest Walmart and pick up another seat?

(With the daycare another spare will not be neglected and I am always giving away my cheap spares to kids that need them)

ADS

lovinwaves

In that warm summer heat it shouldn't take more than a few hours if that to dry the cover and straps.

I have put my covers on a few times just being a little damp around the edges.

Of course, if you are looking for a reason to buy another seat, then I say go to walmart and get one :p

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
If you machine dry the cover on low/no heat, it should be done in plenty of time. If you air dry it, unless you do it outside and there's plenty of wind, it probably won't be done.

arly1983

Shucks, so I guess I will have machine dry the cover....

The straps are what are worrying me. Since I rinsed them in water (there was ALOT of puke), they are soaking wet.

arly1983

The straps are what are worrying me. Since I rinsed them in water (there was ALOT of puke), they are soaking wet.

I am reallly amazed, they have been laying out on the patio for about 30 mins and already are just slightly damp. WOW. (My DH informs me this is a property of nylon)

I just had an awful thought: What if it would have been DS in the Radian....those straps don't come off....I can just see trying to wash them off still attached in the sink:eek:

arly1983

i see a daisy scerena in your future!

Maybe not, the straps are drying pretty fast...though...

There is defiantly going to be benadryl or something similar in my future. She is not sick, virus sick. She has a bad cold and it is draining into her stomach making her nauseous.

Why is it, any time you don't bring all the medicine in your house, they get sick...

Well, I am off to get some meds.

ccjones

... She has a bad cold and it is draining into her stomach making her nauseous. ...

This was my DS this morning, after eating part of my McDonalds Egg McMuffin (*sigh* I know it's horrible for my heart, but it was so damn good!) and some Blue Clue's banana flavored yogurt.

He's had a runny nose, and coughing alot of post-nasal drip. I figured all that swallowing of post-nasal drip caught up to his tummy this morning.

Fortunately (or not), it went all over the sofa, the carpet, and ME! lol

I have some Children's Benadryl, does that really help a runny nose? I bought it when he broke out in a rash a few months ago.

ignora

Senior Community Member
Yes, Benadryl is great for a runny nose... though, it also makes kids sleepy. That may or may not be a good thing, depending on the situation.

As for the nausea... Emetrol is a miracle worker! I was sick as a dog once when I was around 19... couldn't keep anything down for days. My roommate's mom told my roommate to go get Emetrol, that her grandfather swore by it. She did and I was able to keep stuff down after that. I was amazed.

They sell generic Emetrol at Walmart as "Anti-nausea Liquid"... and it works just as well. I've given it to Sidney when she's having tummy problems.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC