Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Help me find a case- iPhone 5s

I'm upgrading to the 5s next week and I'd like to order a case now so I'm not without one after I get the phone. I don't even know where to start. I checked Amazon, but am not wowed by anything.

-as low profile as possible
    -some drop protection, but I don't want something huge and bulky
    -around $30 or less
    -won't peel/chip/fade/get dingy

Bonus if it comes in cute colors (not pink)

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

I have LUVVITT® ARMOR SHELL Double Layer Shock Absorbing Case for iPhone 5C (LIFETIME WARRANTY | Retail Packaging) - Purple
    http://amzn.com/B00FYXBE9E for my 5c and really like it. The only problem I've had is that the extra charging cable I bought has a fatter part by the connector so I have to push the bottom of the hard shell back for it to fit. The apple one fits perfectly though.
    ~Shannon
    DD (11.5) Seatbelt; DS (9) Incognito; DD2 (7) Britax Parkway; DD3 (4.5) Graco Nautilus

I love the apple leather case. It's dingy now but I have a light color.
    Mama to Baby Girl N - two years old
    Loving Stepmother of wonderful girls, H-9 and S-5

Senior Community Member thepote's Avatar
    I have a clear Luvitt one. For me it's the perfect balance of protection and sleekness.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00A9LVC2K/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?ref_=pe_385040_30332190_TE_M3 T1_ST1_dp_2"]LUVVITT® CLEARVIEW Scratch-Resistant Slim Clear Back Case with Bumper / Cover for iPhone 5 / 5S (LIFETIME WARRANTY | Retail Packaging) - Clear:Amazon:Cell Phones & Accessories[/ame]

Carseat Crazy
    I have a speck case with faceplate. I love that speck made a full case for the 5s. The screen protector actually adheres to the screen instead of floating above it like the griffin survivor or otterbox. It's super slim and sleek. I got a 5s when it first came out and my case looks awesome. It's also military tested...whatever that means.
    Meg RN
    S: 13 years
    A: 8 years | FR85 in booster mode or Olli
    Little boy coming in Nov

I have one of the new thin otterboxes. Forget what they are called. Have dropped my iPhone 5s on the cement a few times and it's held up great!
    Beth CPST and special needs trained Mom to Bailey ...22 and driving! Skylar- 17yrs-and also driving! Molly-14 yrs -70+ pounds passing the 5 step test and Avery -10 yrs - 55+ pounds, riding in a redd performance sport booster.

Quote Originally Posted by bethng View Post
    I have one of the new thin otterboxes. Forget what they are called. Have dropped my iPhone 5s on the cement a few times and it's held up great!
    Otterbox Commuter . I have one also NOW since a regular case let my iphone 5 screen smash so my new 5S is protected with an Otterbox Commuter case

DS1 08.05 Britax Parkway SGL Cloudburst
    DS2 08.07 Britax Frontier 85 Cowmoo - Harnessed
    DD 07.10 ERF in Britax Marathon Classic w/ Hannah Cover

Re: Help me find a case- iPhone 5s

Well, this won't meet your $30 limit, but it's the Lifeproof case. It's awesome, takes a beating (my 3 old son can attest to that), can be submerged in water, and keeps your screen from being scratched. I think it's worth it.

Senior Community Member happiness-and-balance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DawgDad View Post
    Well, this won't meet your $30 limit, but it's the Lifeproof case. It's awesome, takes a beating (my 3 old son can attest to that), can be submerged in water, and keeps your screen from being scratched. I think it's worth it.
    I absolutely love my LifeProof case. IME I think it's worth it when you pay that much for a phone.
    -Angela

Senior Community Member tarynsmum's Avatar
    I had a 4 for 3.5 years and swore by Otterbox Defenders. Now I have a 5S and HATE it. Following this tread for ideas.
    ~Heather
    DD: 8 years old, 48lbs, 50". DS: 5 years old, 36lbs, 40.5".

Admin - CPS Technician LISmama810's Avatar
    I had a 4 for three years and always had heavy-duty cases on it (Otterbox Defender, Griffin Survivor...or vice-versa. Whatever.) When I got my 5s I decided I didn't need something that big. My kids never have my phone, and I don't drop it too often. I, like you, wanted SOME crash protection, but nothing bulky or annoying.

I have a Spek Candyshell http://www.speckproducts.com/iphone-...-iphone-5.html and I it. It's perfect and cute, and they come in lots of fun color combinations. It doesn't come with a screen protector, but we picked up a 3-pack of the stick-on kind from Verizon.