Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Frontier and Parkway questions

Hi All, I would love your help. I was jut in an accident with my two children (someone hit us from behind). We are ok, but we need to get two new seat. I have a three year old (30 inches, 32 pounds) and an almost 6 year old (40 inches, 45 pounds). The 3 yr old had been in a Boulevard and my son was in a Frontier 85. I was going to purchase the same, but see that there are more options now. My new thought is getting a Frontier for my daughter and then the Parkway for my son. Hesitant about the Parkway though because of the lack of the 5 point harness. My vehicle is a 2009 Honda Pilot.

Thanks so much for your help - I really appreciate it.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Frontier and Parkway questions

Your plan sounds good. Most 5-6 year olds are booster ready- do you think he will sit in position for the whole trip, including if he sleeps?

At 3 years and 30 pounds your daughter is small enough to rear face, if you'd be willing to consider that.

The godkids are growing!
    J 9/09 and J&A 1/15

Re: Frontier and Parkway questions

It sounds like a good plan to me, too. If you find your 5 year old doesn't stay in position you might need to put him back in a harness. Discuss with him what is expected.

Also, be sure to check booster fit.

Here's a good link discussing the subject. Watch the video - it's less than 2 minutes!

http://www.iihs.org/iihs/news/deskto...ab-top-ratings
    PEG - Gramma to:
    Hannah - 16 - Seatbelt! Reya - 1.5 4Ever/BLVD/Peg
    Brett - 15 - Seatbelt Nolan - 2.5 - 4Ever/Fllo
    Matt- 11 - Seatbelt Baby Boy due 1/17/19 Pipa
    Griffin - 6 - Parkway SG

I'd get a rearfacing seat for the 3 year old and another Frontier for the 5 year old. While my kids do use boosters at 6, they really like the harness for trips. Boosters cost less so I'd have the at fault driver's insurance replace with similar seats and then buy a dedicated booster yourself if you want. My daughter requested her FR85 for our road trip last summer at 8.
    ~Shannon
    DD (11.5) Seatbelt; DS (9) Incognito; DD2 (7) Britax Parkway; DD3 (4.5) Graco Nautilus