Does the Nextfit have energy absorbing foam in the base? And has anyone used it FF regularly?

ADS

YinzerMama

Do you mean like some sort of crumple zone in the base of the seat itself? If it does they don't do much to hype it up. I am not aware of anything like that in it.

Mags462

No knowledge of anything "special" about the base..... but its lovely for FF :D I recently switched M back into the Nauti because we were going to be doing some eating in the car and that makes me nervous in the NF, but otherwise its a great seat. M rode FF in it for 5 or 6 months full time.

gigi

Why does eating in the Nextfit make you nervous? Just wondering as my kids eat a lot in the car. Is it hard to clean?

Mags462

Why does eating in the Nextfit make you nervous? Just wondering as my kids eat a lot in the car. Is it hard to clean?

Sorry just saw this ;)

Oh i honestly don't know if its hard to clean or not :eek:.... its just "new" so i like to try to keep it that way ;) ..... The biggest reason i moved M to the Nauti is because i changed seating positions - he is now riding in the drivers side captains chair (we store the pass. side one and rarely use it) which means no cup holders or a seat next to him to set stuff on. The nauti has those lovely built in cubbies.... so it makes life easy on me to just have him be in control of his stuff. He was previously riding 3rd row pass outboard (RF until 4 then FF) and so he had two cup holders and places to set his books and trucks, etc. Plus well the Nauti has is coming to the end of its life so if he smears something sticky or such on it i figure its on its last leg anyways and the neat freak in me handles it better :p

YinzerMama

Did you add the ff question after initially posting this or did I miss that part?

I have not used it ff in a car yet. I mean to turn it around and have one of my big girls test it out in a car. They have approved it in the house but I have only used it rf in the car.

I also need to turn my radian back around (it is ff now) and move the baby between the two and get his opinion on which he likes more.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that he will freak out if he sees his sister riding in his beloved "button" seat. :D

I do feel like climbing in may be a little weird for a bigger kid because of how strange the seat is from the outside, but depending on where it is in the car, I think most kids should be able to navigate it. I don't have any concerns over big kid riding comfort.

gigi

Thanks! My younger kid is a few weeks younger than your youngest, but she is the size of a 4 year old so "big kid" comfort is her comfort LOL. Luckily she has an average/short torso and is skinny so fits ok in seats still. I really don't want to buy another convertible but she is outgrowing her CCO and the recall put the nail in that coffin. So I'm looking at a Nextfit or a Peg likely, but neither is my dream seat. The new Dionos look nice, a bit like a big CCO, but I don't want to wait for 4 months.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC