WWYD?

butterflymama7

I currently have a Diono Radian and I like it. Been thinking of a 2nd for my 3rd child since I need to do 3 across (have a NBB next to those) But the budget is much tighter this time around. I was thinking if the Coccorro (buying a seat cuz to cute though may not be best. Lol) I have pretty small (mostly short) kids. My middle child will be 20 months so I've got a long way of RF ahead of me (something I didn't know/do with my 8 year old)

So what should I do about the 2nd seat? I wanted the convenience of an infant with base but it's too hard for my oldest to buckle. So that's out. I'd like to not spend a fortune, and I like my Radian but it's super snug without the AA so I'm not sure I want to spend the cash on a 2nd one for a newborn when I can't use it.

ADS

MommyShannon

What car? I would make sure you can get a recline good enough for a nb with the Radian first. The Cocoro might work out since you could pass down the Radian once it's outgrown but will probably need to buy a Combo (harness to booster for your middle child then. Britax new gen seats fit newborns well and I think puzzle with Radians facing the same direction. The base makes it easier to buckle boosters beside them. I'd try it first at BRU though. They are pretty wide if they don't puzzle well. I think the SureRide puzzles well too and fits newborns. If your 8 year old is +60lbs, the Incognito might help save space.

butterflymama7

2011 Hyundai Tucsan.

I *can* get a newborn recline with the Radian but like I said, it's a snug fit. My husband and I aren't talk though so it will work. But I was thrilled when we got the AA. Lol.

My 8 year old is light, maybe 45 lbs (I should weight him again I guess) he's got a Harmony now.

A major concern is budget. I lost my job so it's tighter than last time, and buying a Radian was easy then. I'm hoping to stay under $200. But of course this is important and we can spend what we have to. And I don't want to waste my money getting something that will only last a year or 2. Since I have small kids, I'm hoping that will help.

Dillipop

If you'd still like an infant seat with base, check out the Combi Shuttle35. The base puzzles well with a lot of seats and if you wait until ds has buckled before putting the seat in, it might be workable. Plus, the shuttle should get your newest one to around age 2 before having to move to a convertible. It's tall but compact, if that makes sense.

Editing to add that we had a shuttle33, ffing radian, and a booster in the back of our 05 Hyundai Elantra for a long time. You should have a bit more room in your newer, larger hyundai.

lpperry

I have Radians and Coccoros. My kids are small too and I use the CCO from birth until the next baby is born. So, Oliver moved from CCO to Radian at 18 months and Claudia moved from CCO to Radian at 16 months. Both fit in the CCO until 3, but were squished by 2 1/2.

I wanted to use the CCO ff for Oliver in a carpool situation when he turned ff at 4, but by 4, he was too tall for it ff. He is short.

Avery is about to give up the CCO in two months for the new baby. Avery will be 2.

If your budget was no issue, I would say use the CCO for 18 months to 2 years and then get a Radian when the kid starts to get squished in the CCO. I know the Radian at a nb angle takes up a lot of room. That can be annoying.

If the budget is tight and will continue to be tight, I would skip the CCO and do the Radian from birth. It makes more financial sense than buying another rf seat in 2 years. Also, is there an age on the angle adjuster? My kids would have been able to sit more upright by 5 months, so I wouldn't have had to use a newborn angle for too long.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC