Any Cybex updates for Aton Q and Solutions Q-Fix/X-Fix?

aporthole

Other than the blog update from ABC that said 1st quarter 2014 release, anyone heard any updates on when the Aton Q and Solution Q/X-Fix boosters will be available?

I'm hoping they'll have a nice CPST discount like they do for the Aton 2.

ADS

cowgirlsmommy

I had emailed them awhile back and they said the Aton Q would be available around late March and there would be a discount available

aunt83me02

Senior Community Member
What is the discount for the current Aton? First baby due in May will ride in a Keyfit but I think I'd like a Q or something similar by the time we have baby 2.

aunt83me02

Senior Community Member
Wow, that's a good deal. I like the Keyfit but I'm ready for Chicco to step it up. I know the kf is still popular and it's a great seat but no real improvements in 8 years... Even Graco updated their infant seats.

MotoMommaNH

Bear in mind actual shipping is 30-40 if you are on the east coast (they are in Atlanta). So its still a good deal but for me with the 25% off sale I grabbed the Chicco for, it just wasn't worth it. (Plus I'd need two bases so even more $$)

Ivana

I am not allowed to subscribe to this thread (I guess my membership is too new), but I am really interested in this seat. I am posting this to enable instant notification on thread subscription. I'll keep my eye out on this one!

Ivana

Okay, I contacted the distributer and got some info. They expect Aton Q to be out on the market in Early April. The date is not set in stone and it could move (further away, not closer), but that is what they are hoping for right now. They could not tell me the expected price point of the car seat. More information should be available closer to expectant release date.

With a baby due in May, early April would work perfectly for me, so finders crossed for that! :dance:

bradhs

Our baby is due March 27th. It doesn't look like we will make it for the Aton Q. What would you buy instead of the Aton Q?

monica-m

CPST Instructor
We got a Nuna Pipa for our new baby and we have been very pleased with it. The installation of the base with the rigid LATCH takes just seconds and the carrier is lightweight and has some very nice features.

bradhs

I saw the Nuna Pipa but wasn't too sure about it. I am leaning towards just getting the Aton 2. I saw an Aton 3S on the Germany site, not sure how to get that seat though.

We got a Nuna Pipa for our new baby and we have been very pleased with it. The installation of the base with the rigid LATCH takes just seconds and the carrier is lightweight and has some very nice features.

kristenbelle

Hoping that Amazon.com will have them, too. I like their no-hassle return policy. Called the other day to see if they would be carrying them and/or and ETA but customer service had no info.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I emailed the Head of US Sales for Cybex a few weeks back, and he tells me that they are expecting to get the first batches of the Q in in mid- to late April, so it will likely be in stores by late April to early May.

aporthole

Wow I am impressed with the booster. I just watched the video and I think I'm sold!

I know. I looks so awesome. I emailed Jeff at Regal-Lager and he said they have CPST pricing for the Solution Q-Fix booster at $120 plus actual UPS shipping (somewhere around $40). Considering MSRP is $250 that is a great discount.

My son turns 5 in a few weeks and is currently 38.5 lbs without shoes. I've told him once he is at least 5 and 40 lbs we can start some occasional booster training. I'm thinking the Q-Fix may be the booster for us.

HaileysMommy

I know. I looks so awesome. I emailed Jeff at Regal-Lager and he said they have CPST pricing for the Solution Q-Fix booster at $120 plus actual UPS shipping (somewhere around $40). Considering MSRP is $250 that is a great discount. My son turns 5 in a few weeks and is currently 38.5 lbs without shoes. I've told him once he is at least 5 and 40 lbs we can start some occasional booster training. I'm thinking the Q-Fix may be the booster for us.

I need to snag one before my cert expires in April! Lol I don't have the time or desire to worry about recert right now since DD is my only kiddo and I work full time.

MotoMommaNH

The Q-Fix really looks awesome. And I LOVE orange.

Cybex needs to bring a convertible to the US...like next year would be perfect so I can move the next kiddo out of the bucket into it. Can you hear me Regal Lager??? ;)

Load leg and/or ARB, 45+ lbs RFing limit and those beautiful fabrics and designs would be a plus! Like the Sirona but modified.

aporthole

The Q-Fix really looks awesome. And I LOVE orange.

Cybex needs to bring a convertible to the US...like next year would be perfect so I can move the next kiddo out of the bucket into it. Can you hear me Regal Lager??? ;)

Load leg and/or ARB, 45+ lbs RFing limit and those beautiful fabrics and designs would be a plus! Like the Sirona but modified.

I've heard they really want to but may be waiting on the US to add a floor to the test sled in order to be able to pass testing with a load leg. There are rumors the floor may be added in the near future but who know how long that may take. I think long lasting ERF seats with load legs will be the next generation of US seats and be a great addition. I love the look and function of the Sirona. If it had a taller seating capacity for rear facing I would be very tempted to import one.

bradhs

I gave up waiting and called a friend in Germany. He bought a Aton Q and shipped it here... Currently in US Customs, should get here in 4-10 days.

Baby due March 27th.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC