Question Evenflo Sureride - good seat?

lovemyboys27

Hi, I am in Canada (just incase the answers would be different because of that) and looking at buying either the Radian r100 or the Evenflo Sureride DXL. I have been waiting for the Radian to go on sale for about $200, but it's not happening soon enough. The SureRide is currently on sale for $70. I am very tempted but also want to make sure this will last until booster, with extended RFing and extended FFing.

Currently in a Safety First Enspira that totally SUCKS and I don't feel it is very safe. We bought them when my twins outgrew their buckets, and when we didn't know any better.

My son is almost 14 months, wearing 12-18 month clothing usually, but some 18-24 month stuff. He was 24lb at 13 months old. He is approx 31".

My twins went to 6y 1m in the Graco Nautilus, they outgrew the height and weight limits at roughly the same time. Newest DS seems to be growing slower and is slimmer than his brothers were at the same age.

Should I hold out for the r100 or get the SureRide? Is the r100 worth the extra $130+? Does the SureRide tighten easily when installed RFing?

Thanks for any opinions/advice!

ADS

MommyShannon

It depends on how long you'd like to rearface. The SureRide has a 40" rf limit which would likely get your son to around 3 years old since he's tall. It is taller than the Radian and nautilus forward facing so it'd definitely last until booster ready. It has a 6 year from manufacture expiration so if it has about 5.5 years left when you buy it, it should fit your son that entire time. The Radian will last longer (possibly until 4) rearfacing.

MommyShannon

I haven't used it but it seems well liked. I will probably get one for a secondary seat soon. I find most rf seats easiest to tighten if you reach behind the seat and pull the slack to the back while also pulling the tightener.

Keeyamah

I haven't used it but it seems well liked. I will probably get one for a secondary seat soon. I find most rf seats easiest to tighten if you reach behind the seat and pull the slack to the back while also pulling the tightener.

Even with some buried adjusters, pulling on the straps at the back of the seat always makes it easier for me to tighten (on the rare occasion I do). Since the Sureride has a continuous harness I just leave it adjusted and play with it at hips to make it easier to get it over the kiddo's shoulders. But I also leave my other non-continuos harnesses adjusted, personal preference.

Keeanh

I got one from Best Buy on "black friday" and it was only 3 weeks old. So you'll get the full 6 years out of it. I think it's well worth the money. If you ever did happen to want another seat down the road, this seat could either be sold or used as a spare. It's less than a Scenera!! You can't lose.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC