Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Baby Jogger glider board

Anyone used one on a Versa? I just got a BJCV for Christmas and was thinking of a glider board for my 3.5 yo.

He's basically done with strollers at his age but still needs a little help keeping up from time to time and DH thought it'd be a good idea. I know BJ has their own brand but Amazon reviews don't seem very good...

Is there a good brand of glider/ride along board that I don't know about?
    Michelle

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Following. I'm considering the same combo.
    Amy~ Canadian tech instructor (CRST-I), Mama to Peter (4.20.08), riding in a Diono Monterey and a Clek Ozzi; Jasper (4.25.11), riding in a Britax Frontier CT and a Graco Nautilus; and Ruby, riding in a Clek Foonf; wife to my CRST hubby, Chris

At 3.5 I'd prefer an option that allows him to sit down. I was considering the easy x rider as it fits both my strollers (BJCS and bee).
    Mom to Caterina born January 12, 2009 and FF in a TWE and Julian born September 6, 2012 and RF in a Varioguard

Carseat Crazy
    I have a baby jogger city mini and we tried a glider board with it a few times when my son was about that age. I couldn't steer the stroller very easily with him because he was so tall! I'm not sure how the versa is different, but I would see if you can try it out before purchase or make sure there are free returns.

We don't use our glider board and it was only used a few times. If I can find a box and packing material I would definitely consider selling it! It is the baby jogger brand.

Re: Baby Jogger glider board

Versa with glider board is a fabulous combination. The Versa has an adjustable handlebar so it makes it perfect for the rider of the board to fit on the board when the seat of the stroller is parent facing. My DS1 has been riding the glider board on the Versa since we got it when DS2 was 3 months old. DS1 was 30 months old. He does really well on the board. The glider board doesn't affect the push of the Versa either. It's still a great one handed push with my 20lb 1 year old in the stroller and my 35lb 3.5yo on the board. I got my glider board on NBD for about $25.
    Riding in a 2014 Honda Odyssey
    DS1 July 2010 40 pounds 43" FF in a Congo Frontier 90
    and DS2 Nov 2012 27 pounds 36" ERF in a Faux Hawk Foonf

7. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by Carolinadaisy View Post
    I have a baby jogger city mini and we tried a glider board with it a few times when my son was about that age. I couldn't steer the stroller very easily with him because he was so tall! I'm not sure how the versa is different, but I would see if you can try it out before purchase or make sure there are free returns.

We don't use our glider board and it was only used a few times. If I can find a box and packing material I would definitely consider selling it! It is the baby jogger brand.
    Ill keep an eye on the swap board.
    Michelle

CPS Technician

Re: Baby Jogger glider board

I use the Valco Hitchhiker on mine and like it a lot. The board is high off the ground so I don't kick it as easily.
    A sweet daughter - born Oct '11, RFing in a Foonf, Peg Perego convertible and a Nextfit
    A wonderful son - born Feb '13, RFing in 2 Coccoros and a Peg convertible
    3 under 3 coming soon with surprise baby in August '14 - getting the Keyfit

10. Thank You from: