Insurance didn't argue!

thekatie

My friend was in an accident this morning. She took her daughters (10 and 8, both in boosters) to the dentist, and shortly after they left she was at a red light when someone didn't stop and ran into the back of her SUV, not completely full speed but not a gentle tap - her bumper is completely gone and there is some more damage, but thankfully no frame damage. Everyone was unhurt, even more thankfully. Once she reassured us everyone was safe I double checked the manuals (thank you so, so much for the car seat information thread here - I was able to look up the manuals easily) and both boosters say to replace after any crash. I told her they should be replaced, and insurance should cover them but if not I had some spares. They're the seats I use when I drive her girls around.

Tonight we did our weekly dinner, and she said she talked to insurance and they told her buy new seats, as similar as possible to what she has, and submit the receipts and they would reimburse her. No arguments, no questions. In fact, she said they mentioned it before she even finished asking, it was like "I had my girls in car seats and" "Oh, we need you to replace those!"

That just made me happy, since I read so much about insurance fighting replacing seats.

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
That was my experience, too. My adjuster immediately said they'd replace the seats. They just needed photos (to prove I actually had the seats) and the names of them. They looked them up on Amazon and gave me a check for the high value of all three. Of course, in my case state law required replacing whether they liked it or not, but I've had plenty of friends in the same state get the runaround from their companies. It's nice when it works out hassle-free.

tam_shops

Yeah to that! It's about time, the seats we buy and use right save them money, so it's a personal pet peeve of mine!

I'll cross my fingers that everything goes smoothly...

tam

jacqui276

That is awesome! I've had the same experience two accidents in a row now where they tell me that I have to before I even get the chance to ask.

KimmyT

A friend of mine had insurance tell her to buy whatever car seat she wanted. They didn't care what she had before. I thought that was great!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC