Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Frontier 85 SICT OB

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Frontier 90 center

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Persimmon

DS just turned 4 and looks like we will be FF sooner rather than later. The second set of RF lock offs one of his Foonfs died while we were on a road trip and I had to FF him. He is still FF while I am waiting on a replacement lock off and loves it. I will RF him when the part comes and if he persistently asks to FF, I will let him---I think :eek:. My car eats Foonf lock offs in the center position because the hump in the seat puts too much strain on the lock offs.

The problem is, I can't decide what seat to use in my car--09 Forester, side curtain air bags, good ratings on all side impact injury measurements for rear passengers from IIHS. Right now I have the Foonf FF OB with LATCH and seat belt so I get most of the benefit from the REACT system. He can go center but no LATCH so no REACT. I have a Frontier 85 SICT that could go OB with LBP. We will probably be getting a Frontier 90 because DS is one of those kids who will probably need to be harnessed until 6 + and is in other's cars a lot.

Poll to follow. Thanks!

ADS

canadiangie

When I had one child only she rode in the middle.

Even now I have my least protected child in the middle.

A big beefy Frontier installed correctly and top tethered in the middle kind of makes me swoon a little. :)

(I assume a FN90 will work in the middle with ClickTight)

Persimmon

A big beefy Frontier installed correctly and top tethered in the middle kind of makes me swoon a little. :)

I tried the FN90 in the middle (without DS) when it first came out and it was just fine. I am not worried about visibility there because I finally trained myself to use my side mirrors more.

I feel a little silly with the Pinnacle CT in the center of my Ridgeline or '09 Accord, or an Advocate RF in the center, tethered and all. Both install rock solid too. I need to go back to my SICT three-across.. that was sooo fun to look at.

Persimmon

Thanks everyone for your help. Just wanted to update. There was no going back to RF happily. DS tried RF for a while once the replacement RF lock off arrived but kept on wanting to go back to FF. Once I turned him FF, I was surprised how OK I was with it. It was time. DS was 4 and 2 months.

When I had one child only she rode in the middle.

Even now I have my least protected child in the middle.

I thought about this and it is what I needed to hear. I decided to forgo the REACT and move the Foonf FF center. The center position in my Forester turned out to be my Foonf's Waterloo. Even FF, the hump in the seat cushion caused too much pressure on the lock offs and it would loosen after a day. OB was no problem.

I feel a little silly with the Pinnacle CT in the center of my Ridgeline or '09 Accord, or an Advocate RF in the center, tethered and all. Both install rock solid too. I need to go back to my SICT three-across.. that was sooo fun to look at.

So I decided to get a Pinnacle! DSS's are so big now they can't fit when there is a FF car seat center. I love the Pinnacle. Most of the time DS is center and it is a non-issue to move him OB as needed--at least once or twice a week now. With the Foonf RF, due to the hump in the seat, I had to squat inside the Foonf and reach between my legs to deal with the lock off to get enough pressure to get it tight. DS is OB often enough that I wanted the Pinnacle over the FR 90. FFR, Click Tight is awesome for those Subaru center hump situations--ridiculously easy to get right. But yeah, I feel a little silly when he is in it in the center. I do think having him in the center helped me be OK with him FF instead of OB even though I had to forgo the REACT. Yeah, bubble wrap. :eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC