3rd seat in Volvo XC60

Fanew3

Has anyone had any success installing a 3rd seat in an XC60? Any and all suggestions are welcome. My son is 4 and could move to a high back booster if necessary. Daughter 2 and #3 due any day.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Hi Fanew.

At four your son really should be harnessed another couple of years. Your two year old is rear facing, I'm assuming?

What seats do you have now? Are you interested in starting with an infant seat or a convertible for the new baby?

Wendy

Fanew3

Honestly, Wendy. Right now I am so frustrated by all of my attempts to secure three seats that I am willing to buy all new seats for all three children to make it work.

Yesterday I purchased 2 Diono Radian RXT Convertible seats to pair with a Peg Perego Viaggio SIP 30/30 for the newborn. Any thought or advice is welcome.

Keeyamah

Well, Radians tend to fit very well together facing opposite directions, so one FFing for the 4 yr old, and one RFing for the 2 yr old (@$$uming they can be side by side and not fight too much to distract you). So they take up less space than their numbers indicate that way (we call it, unimaginatively, puzzling :p). HTH some.

Do keep in mind that most kids will have outgrown this seat as a booster by the time they have reached the minimum weight to use it, but since you will have another little one to hand it down to, it's not as a big of a deal as it could be.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I agree, Peg, forward facing Radian, rear facing Radian with angle adjuster.

The Peg is pretty wide, though, so you may need to find a replacement for that. Because the handle has to be at the head, it's also pretty big front to back. If it fits, GREAT! If not, let us know and we'll help you figure out something else to go in that space instead.

Also, how old is the Peg? If it's from your first it may be expired anyway. They have five year lifespans.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC