Radian

ADS

musicmaj

My 7 year old still fits with enough shoulder room and leg support. Her only complaint is the seat bottom being a little hard after sitting for a long time. Her shoulders are just below the top slots and she has a 17 inch torso. Her other stats are in my siggy. Sorry, I don't have any pictures of her in it, but I do have pictures of my 5.5 year old who is almost the same size as her.

DSCN3388.jpg

Sorry he has that big bag in the way.

scatterbunny

Hayley is 6 years, 3 months and was 6 years, 1 month when I tried her in the Radian. She is tall for her age and had about an inch to go before she was over the top slots. She's taller than musicmaj's daughter, I think, but must be longer-legged, because she does not find the leg depth of the Radian to be deep enough. Even though she fits heightwise I don't think I could get her to ride in this seat.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Here's my 58 lb 9 year old in the Radian (he doesn't ride in it, I just took the pic for illustrating). His shoulders are over the top slots, but since Radian allows it, he technically still fits in this seat. I didn't get a full-length shot, but while he looks a bit cramped in the butt/legs, he said it felt comfy.
IMG_1087.jpg

My 38lb 7 year old:
IMG_1089.jpg

My friend's long-torsoed 19 month old:
IMG_1076.jpg

musicmaj

Debbie, I just love the looks your 9 year gives in the carseat pictures. He must be a ham!

Jenny, my dd is 3ft 11 inches. She won't "technically" be 7 until Wednesday at 2:02 pm.lol She wears a size 6 pant and size 7 shirts. Dd's knees are at the edge of the radian's seat. My ds knees fall in the same spot. Hayley's legs are definitely longer than my kids. I know that makes finding suitable seats difficult.

To the op - I am hoping that my son in the picture I posted earlier will make it to 7 years old in the radian. He is currently 5 years and 7 months old and in the 75% for both height and weight. He has a 16 1/4 inch torso. I think it is safe to say the radian can fit long thin kids till 5-7 years old and shorter petite kids for even longer.

To the op,
I think the radian is great for long thin kids up to about age 6 or 7.

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

thepeach80 posted some pics of her 8lb newborn DD in a Radian last fall. You can see them here: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=9395

For the oldest, I think that member Babygirllyndsey has an 8 1/2yo DD who is in a Radian. If you look at her profile in the link below, you can see a pic of her DD in the Radian:
http://www.car-seat.org/member.php?u=1212

Hey, That one link is my daughter. :D She will be 9 on October 12th and she uses a Radian daily. She is right at the top shoulder slots. I need to get a photo of Lyndsey and Karley side by side in their Radians.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
How many of the older children are in radian 80 and radian 65?
Also are the two the same for height slots/width etc?

Mine's an 80, but from what I understand the only difference between the two is the 80 has extra reinforcement in the frame. Slot height, width, everything else is identical. Oh, and the 80 comes with infant inserts.

canadianmom2three

My DD was still riding in the Radian65 every chance she got (it is her little brother's really) at 7y and a couple months(I forget exactly), she outgrew it by weight before height actually...All I have is a shoulder shot of her, showing harness height. She loved that Radian, if it was the 80 she might still be riding in it!! In fact, if she had laid eyes on that princess80 I think I may have had some serious whining on my hands.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC