I took a trip to target today....

musicmaj

And of course I had to stop by the carseat aisle. I had my youngest with me and tried him in a few seats. Sorry no pictures.

My ds is tiny - only 22lbs and 32 inches at 24 months old. He has a 12 inch torso. I have heard you all talk about how short the slots on the comfort sport are, so I decided to try him in it just to see. I was shocked that his shoulders seemed to be at the top slots. I also tried him in the new evenflo titan that goes up to 50lbs. He is slightly under the top slots. My ds probably wouldn't get past 25lbs in that seat. Just for comparison, IF (the seats I tried at target were in the ff position) ds was ff he would be in the second to top slots in the scenera, He would have lots and lots of room in the triumph advance, and lots of room in the graco cargo. He still fits in a safeseat 1!
Don't worry - he is not ff and won't be for quite some time.

ADS

amyg530

i guess this just shows how every kid fits different in the seats b/c DS has almost outgrown the scenera but still has about an inch to an inch and a half in the 2 evenflo seats and is at least 4 inches to tall for the SS1

musicmaj

Really weird! Maybe my ds cloth diaper made him sit up higher in the titan and comfortsport than he normally would have. We usually use disposables when we go out or when he is in the car. I found the that slots in the titan are actually close to 1 inch below the slots in the fabric cover. It is interesting how kids fit differently. I am curious to know how he would have fit in these seats had they been installed in a car.

He sits in a regal ride in our car and is even with the second slots rearfacing. He is in between the second and third slots up on his fisherprice sv rearfacing. I sat him in an uninstalled ss1 about a month ago and he still fit with about 1.5 inches above his head. He hasn't had any torso growth since then so I assume he would still fit.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC