mountain buggy duet

Kel

Does any one here own a mountain buggy duet?
I rarely use strollers, except the zoo, parades, mall etc...I baby wear most of the time. But yesterday, we had outing that I really wished I would have had a double.
I have a joovy2 light sit n stand that I use now for those events, but I didn't take it because it felt too long where I was at. We used our b nimble, it's nice but my 3yr old wanted to sit off and on, and my 20 mo old wanted to run. I thought if they could have sat together, it might have helped. Plus we're TTC, MORE babies later. We had bjcm, but hated the basket. I have 6 kids and like a HUGE basket. I'm even considering the joovy 2 double because of the big basket. Plus it has lots of storage pouches.But I'm not sure about taking it to the zoo etc..
So...is the duet easy to maneuver through crowds? How large is it folded? I LOVE the narrowness of it!
Any thoughts on this stoller ?

Thanks Kelley

ADS

jordansmom

I've always been a fan of the Mountain Buggy push and overall look, even though I haven't personally owned one (yet!). I prefer side by side doubles than front to back ones with older infants through toddlers so they can both have a good view and can climb in and out easier. I don't think you can go wrong with a more "rugged" stroller than a Joovy for the kind of outings you are describing. Even if no one sits, it's always good for carrying stuff! My double strollers for the arrival of the next LO are a Valco Trimode with Joey seat (and buggy board for my then 5 year old) and a Valco Zee Two.

My only concern with the Duet would be the width of the seats. I would want to try my kiddos in it before buying, but you won't be disappointed with the push!

jordansmom

Ok. Thank you! Why are you picking the valco zee2?

I've actually had the Zee2 for almost a year already! I have previously owned a Maclaren double, BJCMD, and BOB Double. I loved the BOB but was not happy with either of the other two. Compared to those two, the things I love about the Zee2 are the padded and supportive seats, very large canopies, easy recline mechanism, adjustable legrests, and difficult buckles. I've owned my Trimode since 2009 when my first was born and have always been happy with the quality and customer service from Valco. I really wanted the Snap Dual/Duo, but wasn't willing to settle for a single canopy. I believe the newest model of the Snap Dual/Duo coming out this year will have two canopies and maybe adjustable leg rests as well. I would love the lightweight aspect and fold of the Snap over the Zee, but the Zee isn't all that heavy either. Hope that helps!

jordansmom

I just looked back at Strollerqueens Rollout for 2014, and the MB Duet will have a new fold mechanism come March if you end up going with it and want to wait.

Kel

Thanks! I'm not in a huge hurry with winter getting strong. But would like one in the spring.

Kel

Anyone want to comment on the duets basket. I need a huge one, lol.
It's difficult to tell in pics.

Thanks

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I just want to chime in on the push, mountain buggy push is amazing. I have a mbud, it's great. I even had a third kid hop on sometimes. only strollers I've tried and found to be in the same class for push are easywalker and Valco (though I hear adventure buggy ranks up there too.)

Kel

Thanks!! I think that's the way I'm going to go. Although, I'm wondering if I should wait to see the new folding change the was mentioned above!
I should have bought the duet with the last baby, and now regret it.

How about basket size? Any complaints with the duet?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC