Anyone know anything about the 2013 or 2014 Honda Accord?

msg221

After a couple of weeks of looking at different cars, we really like the Honda Accord sedan (specifically the Sport model). We test drove one already and were very impressed. I am just having a hard time deciding if I want to go back to driving a sedan after driving an SUV for the past 11 years.

It would get better gas mileage, so that is a plus. We usually only haul around two kids at a time. I have a two FR90's and a Graco Argos. I haven't tried them in the Accord yet so not sure how they will fit. The trunk seems like it would be spacious enough and it's not like I am hauling around strollers and diaper bags anymore, so we don't need a ton of room.

So, does anyone have anything they can tell me about the Accord? The dealers out here are having a big sale this weekend so if we do decide to get a new car, I hope we can get a decent deal on one. I figure the end of the year is a great time to try and negotiate a deal!

ADS

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
What do you want to know? I've got a friend with one that I've played in a few times.

It didn't like her Aton 2 in the outboard position because the load leg hit the floor well wall. :/

msg221

Just if she is happy with it, whether she gets the gas mileage that it states, if it has fit other car seats easily, that it has enough power if she just has the 4 cylinder, and does she find that it has enough room for both passengers and cargo.

I am now used to the V-6 in my Sorento and I wonder if the 4 cylinder will be enough power now. It seemed okay when I test drove it, but I still wonder.

I guess I am really having a lot of hesitation giving up my SUV, but I also don't want to continue driving it, wondering if it is going to randomly crap out on me like it did two weeks ago and all of the mechanical complaints about it on the NHTSA web site isn't making me feel any better. I did test drive the CR-V, but didn't really like it. Other SUV's seem to be out of our budget. I think I will have to suck it up and go with the sedan if I want out of my Sorento. The only other thing I can think of is looking into a 2014 Sorento because they completely overhauled it.

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
She said her mileage isn't where it is supposed to be, but she has a very heavy foot and is a fast accelerator. She has a v6. She's installed a sureride center, said it isn't as easy when outboard. She thinks it was made for the keyfit. She doesn't yet have children of her own so these seats have only been occasional. Her dw drives an older model of the same car. She does absolutely LOVE IT!

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
She is definitely happy with the cargo and passenger space. I can say backseat is roomy. I don't fuss when messing with seats back there. Trunk is spacious.

Marvin711

Road tripping and bored tonight. :) you may have already made a decision but thought I would weigh in. We have a new Accord and really like it, it isn't our main family vehicle though, it's my hubby's car. However, we all go places in it frequently, 3 kids. We have had a variety of seats in it, Britax convertibles, KeyFit, Coccoro, Radians. 3 across was a bit of a challenge but doable. He has a 4 cylinder and gets great MPG, but is mostly highway commuter.

msg221

Well, we did end up buying an Accord EX ten days ago. It's taking some getting used to, sitting so low to the ground again! I do love all of the features in it that I didn't have in my Sorento, like the keyless ignition, power seat, sunroof, and backup camera. I haven't had any kids ride in it yet but do have a FR90 and an Argos installed in it, both of which were very easy to install.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC