Need help with 3 across in Nissan Xterra

U

Unregistered

Hi there, I searched the forum for a photo, but haven't had luck. Sorry for any inconvenience answering but we are in a rushed pinch.

We have a Nissan Xterra and a Chrysler T&C. The T&C broke down and so we are down to only the Xterra, however we can't fit all 3 of our carseats in the back. Need suggestions.

6 year old who is 47", 45lbs in a Britax Frontier 90
2.5 year old who is 26 lbs and not sure on her height but she is just about 1.5" below the shell of her Britax Marathon and would like to continue RF
A 7mo in a Chicco Nextfit

What is the best way to arrange seats. We are considering buying 2 radians or 2 foonfs for the younger kids. I want to keep the frontier if it will fit. We don't have a buy buy baby in state to try out seats, so need the best advice we can get before we make this purchase.

Thanks so much!

ADS

thepote

Hi and welcome-

I found this in the Successful Three Across thread:

Make/Model/Year: Nissan Xterra, 2001
Install method: All seat belt
Configuration of seats: RF driver, FF center, FF passenger
Seats used: Combi Coccoro, Radian XTSL, Recaro ProSport
Checked by a Tech: I'm a tech

Sorry, not all that helpful.

The Nextfit is kind of a beast, so that one probably wont work. Not sure if a Radian would puzzle next to it?

You may want to poke around the Three Across thread and get an idea for what seats puzzle well together in tight spaces, then order online from somewhere that has free shipping and free returns.

Good luck!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC