Harmony folding booster

carseatmama007

I finally broke down and bought a booster for DD to ride in at Grandma's about one wknd every month. I struggled with my mom using our Radian properly for months (lots of educating & demonstrating), and after finding it installed FF with the belt through the RF belt path this wknd, I had had enough. A properly used booster must be better than an improperly used harness!

She's 4y11m, 35 lbs, and 41". I went with the Harmony folding booster. I wanted a seat that was lightweight, affordable, shallow in depth, had no back falling off, had no headrest requirement, had some EPS foam, could fit a small kid, and would be easy for grandparents to use. Did I pick the right seat?! I went with this one over the TB because the TB was a bit too deep for her. I also didnt want the back to fall off while my parents had it and then theyd probably put it back on incorrectly! I don't know much about this Harmony booster- pros/cons to it? We ordered it for $33 at WM.

The seat will be going in a 2001 Montana, 2003 Sonata, and a newish Toyota 4runner. I'll also be training her in the booster for a bit in a 2006 Malibu. Any known incompatibility issues in these vehicles?

ADS

amandaj553

We have this booster also, bought for almost the same exactly reason you described. My DS is 5 (turned 5 in October), 38 lbs, and 40" tall. The belt fit on this seat is awesome, and fits my little guy very very well. I found the top belt guide to be a little tricky to set up at first, but once it's in, you don't have to redo it. And there's no falling apart like with the turbo. I really love how light and airy it is, but that it also is very deep on the head and sides... deeper than our radian I think. He looks very secure in it.

We have only used it twice... both very short rides (like less than 5 minutes). I soon determined that my DS isn't emotionally ready for a booster, and he can't sit still. So, it's packed up until he becomes ready.

Not sure about the compatibility part... we used it in my 04 Highlander with no issues.

I also got mine for $33... good buy in my book!

nannykates

I've owned/used this seat on a new booster rider as well. I think its a great starter booster and is easy to use correctly and is lightweight. It is incompatible with some cars but even those it looks incompatible with at first (via gap behind seat) are fine once a kiddo sits in them.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC