Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Installing Fun :)

So last night I realized I still needed to reinstall the car seat in my car, which of corse was at 9:00 pm. during an ice storm, I was going to do it alone, but then I started panicking because I thought the doors had frozen shut. So I got my husband to come out and help me, and he realized I was using the wrong key remote to unlock the doors and was unlocking the wrong car . So after he finished laughing at me I asked him to hold the flash light so I could see better. After installing it with latch I tested it and it moved too much, and my husband said "It looks good enough to me, most people would just shove it in there and say that's fine..." to which I told him "Well most people have their seat installed incorrectly and their child could be hurt in a crash, but not mine!" By his expression I think my husband was a little surprised by my vengeance when I told him that, but he did agree that he wanted Jake to be safe. Then I looked closer and discovered the problem, the recline stand for forward facing had popped up, so I closed it and tightened the latch some more, and was done! All in all it wasn't that bad, but my husband complained that he was getting rained/snowed on
    Mommy to Jake, a.k.a Booger Breath #1- born March 2012 and Sawyer, my little "Soy Bean"- born May 2014

Playing the Car Seat Shuffle between a True Fit Premier, Guide 65, Graco MySize, Graco Milestone and a Maxi Cosi Pria

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Installing Fun :)

That's funny (now ) about the key remote. Sounds like something I would do! Glad you got the seat installed and didn't freeze to death!

Car-Seat.org Ambassador Patriot201's Avatar

I'm impressed you went out in that mess we had on Sunday night (I live very close to you, I believe)! I can deal with snow, but that freezing rain/sleet/ice/snow mix we had was nasty!

“Nearly all the best things that came to me in life have been unexpected, unplanned by me.” ~Carl Sandburg
    Learning to cope with the unexpected...

Well good for you that you got it in there. It's just too darn cold to be playing car seats. It's -7, feels like -19 here in MN. I wish I didn't have to go to work.
    PEG - Gramma to:
    Hannah - 16 - Seatbelt! Reya - 1.5 4Ever/BLVD/Peg
    Brett - 15 - Seatbelt Nolan - 2.5 - 4Ever/Fllo
    Matt- 11 - Seatbelt Baby Boy due 1/17/19 Pipa
    Griffin - 6 - Parkway SG

And then this morning when the doors actually were frozen shut I didn't believe it and kept checking to make sure the door was really unlocked. Then ended up slipping and falling on the ice and dropping Jake, he wasn't too happy about that.
    Mommy to Jake, a.k.a Booger Breath #1- born March 2012 and Sawyer, my little "Soy Bean"- born May 2014

Playing the Car Seat Shuffle between a True Fit Premier, Guide 65, Graco MySize, Graco Milestone and a Maxi Cosi Pria