Installing Fun :)

1mommy

So last night I realized I still needed to reinstall the car seat in my car, which of corse was at 9:00 pm. during an ice storm, I was going to do it alone, but then I started panicking because I thought the doors had frozen shut. So I got my husband to come out and help me, and he realized I was using the wrong key remote to unlock the doors and was unlocking the wrong car :eek:. So after he finished laughing at me I asked him to hold the flash light so I could see better. After installing it with latch I tested it and it moved too much, and my husband said "It looks good enough to me, most people would just shove it in there and say that's fine..." to which I told him "Well most people have their seat installed incorrectly and their child could be hurt in a crash, but not mine!" By his expression I think my husband was a little surprised by my vengeance when I told him that, but he did agree that he wanted Jake to be safe. Then I looked closer and discovered the problem, the recline stand for forward facing had popped up, so I closed it and tightened the latch some more, and was done! All in all it wasn't that bad, but my husband complained that he was getting rained/snowed on ;)

ADS

tjham

That's funny (now ;) ) about the key remote. Sounds like something I would do! Glad you got the seat installed and didn't freeze to death!

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I'm impressed you went out in that mess we had on Sunday night (I live very close to you, I believe)! I can deal with snow, but that freezing rain/sleet/ice/snow mix we had was nasty!

cookie123

Well good for you that you got it in there. It's just too darn cold to be playing car seats. It's -7, feels like -19 here in MN. I wish I didn't have to go to work.

1mommy

And then this morning when the doors actually were frozen shut I didn't believe it and kept checking to make sure the door was really unlocked. Then ended up slipping and falling on the ice and dropping Jake, he wasn't too happy about that.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC