Question So undecided on new seat

Keeks64

I keep flip flopping between a Foonf & Peg

DS2 just doesn't fit well in his MA - he's a chunky monkey & it's just I dunno ..... I LOVE my MA's but it's just not working for him

I despise Dorel seats so they are out ...... I had an RN & didn't feel the love .... No love on the MR either ..... Sooooo that leaves me with a Foonf & the Peg right?

I was thinking of trying one of the new RN's but DH would kill me if I didn't like it lol

I think I just need to get a Foonf & move on but I keep thinking there's another option I'm missing

ADS

Keeks64

What about the nextfit or a graco clone (size4me mysize and headwise)

In Canada :( no Graco clones or Nextfit

I always think the foonf is a pricey overkill seat but that's just me because I can't afford it. Radians work very well

I just don't like the Radians :/ the harness adjustment bothers me - I don't like the low profile either.

Foonf is expensive lol but for a seat that doesn't drive me bonkers it's worth it - now to explain that to DH :/

amyd

If I decide not to put DD in the Radian (we have a love/relationship), I'm going to get her a Peg, I think.

careynj

I am loving my Peg I just got for my niece who is 3 and a bit. I had no desire for a Foonf and have done the radian thing. Very pleased with my choice.

YinzerMama

Does amazon do free returns in canada? Maybe some time alone with the foonf would help you decide? I can't say it did much for me. It felt like TOO much seat and too much money.

I would love a cadian peg. :)

Keeanh

I played with a Foonf and just can't even like it, never mind love it enough to spend that kind of $$ on it. I love the Peg. I wish I could find a reason to get one ;)

Keeks64

I've played with a few Foonfs at checks & really like them .... But now you are all scaring me lol

No where here has a peg & I haven't played with one IRL ..... It just seems my only other option

What do you all love about the peg? Besides the ARB?

careynj

Fairly compact even at 40 degrees, goes in really nicely with the belt and a locking clip, I don't like the UAS install. Just looks comfy and my niece said she loves it, she has only said that about her forward facing marathon before.

YinzerMama

I feel like the peg is what Britax seats dream of being. Simple, compact, nice hardware/straps/fabric - but the Britax head supports feel soooooooooo rickety to me but everything about the peg is solid. But it's not as crazy deep as a nextfit or new britax. Kind of a little of what is nice about a lot of nice seats without the negatives. I didn't find it to be especially tall though - for us we didn't get any height over a new britax, but some people seem to gain height with it. Very strange little seat that way.

And yes i love love love the anti rebound bar.

SavsMom

I've played with the Foonf and the Peg and I like the Peg a lot more. I found the Foonf bulky, awkward and honestly - overpriced.

SnoGurl

I'm in the same boat-- have been looking for something new for a while, but still so undecided. I am in love with the foonf, but the pricetag is getting to me. Jen posted somewhere (facebook?) that a clek was working on a foonf-like seat (paraphrasing, my words, not hers!), but I'm sure there's still quite a wait. I've never considered a peg, wonder where I can see one. I'll be following this thread to see what other advice you get/what you decide on!

YinzerMama

I just read the comment about the foonf-like seat on fb as well, will be interesting to see what it is. Given the price of their boosters I'm really, really curious as to the price point.

Keeks64

Fairly compact even at 40 degrees, goes in really nicely with the belt and a locking clip, I don't like the UAS install. Just looks comfy and my niece said she loves it, she has only said that about her forward facing marathon before.

Interesting! See all I've known about Pegs is the infant seat which was/is a PITA lol

Is the UAS install hard or just not tight? Are the seat belt lock offs easy to use?

I feel like the peg is what Britax seats dream of being. Simple, compact, nice hardware/straps/fabric - but the Britax head supports feel soooooooooo rickety to me but everything about the peg is solid. But it's not as crazy deep as a nextfit or new britax. Kind of a little of what is nice about a lot of nice seats without the negatives. I didn't find it to be especially tall though - for us we didn't get any height over a new britax, but some people seem to gain height with it. Very strange little seat that way. And yes i love love love the anti rebound bar.

Thank you!!!!! That's what I needed to hear lol ..... I love my Britax for everything easy that it is lol

More leg room?!? That's I think my biggest issues, it didn't bother me with DS1 who was all legs but he wasn't chunky & he just seem to fit better

I don't need the height, my kids are short torsos but I do need more leg room & just more room in general for him lol

I've played with the Foonf and the Peg and I like the Peg a lot more. I found the Foonf bulky, awkward and honestly - overpriced.

Thanks!!!!! Peg votes are adding up lol

I'm in the same boat-- have been looking for something new for a while, but still so undecided. I am in love with the foonf, but the pricetag is getting to me. Jen posted somewhere (facebook?) that a clek was working on a foonf-like seat (paraphrasing, my words, not hers!), but I'm sure there's still quite a wait. I've never considered a peg, wonder where I can see one. I'll be following this thread to see what other advice you get/what you decide on!

Sucks being in Canada for seats eh? I'm thinking peg now ..... Just don't know which fabric to order lol

I just read the comment about the foonf-like seat on fb as well, will be interesting to see what it is. Given the price of their boosters I'm really, really curious as to the price point.

Foonf-like? Interesting!

careynj

The lock offs are for stability only. Can you feel my eye roll? You still have to lock the belt. The UAS are just a really awkward strap length to get good leverage and they are very diggy into your hand. Much happier with the belt.
I'd take this over the infant seat any day, I hate that thing.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I don't have my manual with me, and my seat is installed UAS right now, but I don't believe the Peg had any lockoffs. There are belt guide things for FF but I swear they say they aren't lockoffs.

Anyway, can someone with a manual handy please look it up? I fully admit that my memory may be failing me...

I find the UAS buckles hard to tighten. They don't pull through the buckle smoothly. I've installed it in five different vehicles and had a tough time in all but one (some crappy van and it went in easy due to super compressible seats). I've only done a seatbelt install once and I could not get the seat tight. I cannot get a MA seatbelt install tight in that position either so I blame my vehicle, not the seats.

I love the harness adjustment. Really easy to tighten and loosen.

Hazelandlucy

I am just a mom not a carseat tech in the least! But I also debated over Foonf and Peg for a long time. I got the Foonf because I found a new one for $200 or so and couldn't pass that up. I have to say I love it. It is a great seat for older rear facers because it's like a chair - open and high and upright. My DD loves it and spends the whole time looking out of the window. It was super easy to install with Latch and feels very solid and safe. I have it behind me in the drivers seat and it doesn't block vision at all. I know she won't outgrow it before 4 and when I do turn her I think she will still enjoy sitting in it, whereas a Peg/Britax/Nextfit looks like a baby seat. She sleeps great in it as well even though I have it relatively upright.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Even without lockoffs is's a pretty easy install. It's actually the closest in feel of any car seat to the original Roundabout as far as harness use goes. OK, that sentence doesn't make much sense does it? What I mean is that just about anybody who ever used a RA gets nostalgic every time they think about putting a kid in a seat. No HUGS to mess with, nice soft textured, but not twisty straps, smooth adjuster. The Peg is closer to that than any of the nubby, textured, HUGS wearing current Britax seats or the pull/pull/pull stop style CS adjuster.

biddyk8

We love our peg soo much. It gives DD lots of leg room, she uses the ARB as a foot rest now that she can reach it, the harness is a butter smooth. It doesn't need much front to back room. Its an easy install DH was moving it around 4 cars about 2 weeks ago and he didn't complain once about all the reinstalling, and he moans like a little girl when he has to move the tribute. Our car is one of the ones which seem to give more growing room heightwise. The fabric is super breathable, DD has never woke up with a sweaty head or back the way she does in her tribute.

No lock offs just the guides for forward facing. We use the UAS install and have had no issue getting it tight but our seat belt doesn't fit through the rearfacing belt path in the centre so we couldn't get a seat belt install rearfacing.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC