Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    CPS Fanatic

Re: Recaro Signo: Initial Review & Measurements

Wow, that is some detailed information...thank you.

I think this pretty much confirms my feelings, though. When we get a minivan, I will be sticking with Britax. I'd like to see Recaro work out the kinks before I use them on my kids. There have been enough oddities that I would currently be uncomfortable making my spawn the test subjects.

It's too bad because that blush Signo (which you really should have gotten btw ) is quite lovely

If they can address some of their issues, I may rethink. Of course by the time they're all addressed, my kids will practically be ready for boosters anyway

Your little climber is adorable

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician

Quote Originally Posted by southpawboston View Post
    well if DD2 throws a bloody fit tomorrow and over the weekend (taking a long drive on sunday... the litmus test!), you may be in luck . but i suspect she'll be fine.

broken4u: rightstart.com got the first 16 units from recaro, special shipment ahead of the others. don't know why... zephryblue found this out from the CS rep at recaro and relayed it here.
    Could it be that Recaro was using RightStart to test those new crotch buckles, and this is why they didn't have the redesigned crotch pads? I'm guessing that the delay in the rest of the shipments is that Recaro is changing out those crotch pads with new ones that fit that new buckle...
    Ian James - 3.5 Years
    FF Learning Curve Truefit and FF Britax RA

Carseat Crazy

FYI- I emailed Gayle back yesterday about when they were shipping, and asked about the Rightstart Signos. She told me that the Rightstart shipment was a "test". So, maybe they will find out what people think and make some changes before the mass produce?? You should all call Recaro and voice any issues/complaints you have- the bad bellypad??

Thanks for the review and pics!!!

CPS Technician

Re: Recaro Signo: Initial Review & Measurements UPDATED: kid pics

Thank you so much for that review. I have to say your daughters are soooooo cute! Those were some great pictures of them!
    DS - 11 Riding in an Incognito
    DD - Two Riding in a Graco Extend2Fit and Peg Perego Primo Viaggio Convertible

Cool Re: Recaro Signo: Initial Review & Measurements

well, I'm just not pleased with the Recaros... they just need more shoulder room and more careful work... I mean, if you're going to swap out the buckle, that's fine, but c'mon... make sure the belly pad fits!

Overall, I'm glad the seat works for you, but this definitely tells me to go spend the money I got selling my ABC twin Everest on a single and not worry about using it to obtain a new Recaro... the Radian is the seat for us unless they come out with something that goes taller and has plenty of shoulder room.

Check out my new hair blog - Ruthie-dos

Senior Community Member

I agree about the shoulder room- what harm could come of an extra couple of inches? I would guess that most kids won't fit well width-wise past a certain height/age....when the angle slopes inward as you go higher in the harness.

Carseat Crazy

My kids have broader shoulders, so they don't fit in the MA, but they fit in the BLVD just fine. I am hoping they fit in the Signo, as I have one preordered.

For those of you who have the Signo, do you think the shoulder room is narrower like the MA, or a little wider like the BLVD? I saw the detailed pics and I think it will work for us, but I am not sure. Thanks!

CPS Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by mom2boys View Post
    My kids have broader shoulders, so they don't fit in the MA, but they fit in the BLVD just fine.
    i'm willing to bet it's because the BV lacks the EPS foam along the shoulder area like the MA has. this gives another 1/4-1/2" of room on either side. the same thing is with the como and signo. the signo lacks the EPS foam that lines the como, and i suspect that the signo may have slightly more shoulder room than the como.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2boys View Post
    For those of you who have the Signo, do you think the shoulder room is narrower like the MA, or a little wider like the BLVD? I saw the detailed pics and I think it will work for us, but I am not sure. Thanks!
    i can't comment on the MA or BV, since i never tried doing that comparison with the signo. my DDs are too little to be able to ascertain shoulder room.
    Two girls, 7 and 6. Trek Mountain, Specialized Hotrock, Soma Buena Vista, Bike Friday tandem, and multiple other bikes. Oh, and a Mazda5.

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeBeans View Post
    Wow, that is some detailed information...thank you.

I think this pretty much confirms my feelings, though. When we get a minivan, I will be sticking with Britax. I'd like to see Recaro work out the kinks before I use them on my kids. There have been enough oddities that I would currently be uncomfortable making my spawn the test subjects.

It's too bad because that blush Signo (which you really should have gotten btw ) is quite lovely

If they can address some of their issues, I may rethink. Of course by the time they're all addressed, my kids will practically be ready for boosters anyway

Your little climber is adorable
    Do you feel the same way about the Como? I really think it is a great seat so far except for the twisty straps. They haven't proven to be a problem in the Recaro YS or the Radian so I think it is a reasonable seat. I really love the way it fits DS and how comfortable and containted he is in the seat. Sadly that was something I wasn't getting from his tried and true Blvd.
    DS 7.5 years 71 lbs FFing in:
    a Frontier90, PWSGL 2013
    DS2 3.5 years 35 lbs FFing in:
    Foonf, Frontier 85, SureRide