Combination seats--Trip to Disney

hope41more

Whats the highly recommended combo seat around here? I'm looking to get one for a trip to Disney via plane and shuttle/bus. I'm looking for lightweight, less than $150, easy to carry, and useable one DS outgrows his foonf at 65 pounds (but that one is not a necessity). I figured a harnessed booster might be best (CLEARLY using the harness and NOT the booster just in case anyone freaks).

Specs: 3 years 4 months at time of travel and ff. Hight and weight at 3 years= 40 pounds, 39 inches (so 4 months of growth on this at time of travel).

Thanks!

ADS

cookie123

Re: Combination seats

The Evenflo 300/400 is light. I haven't had any issues with seatbelt or LATCH install with mine - I have the 400 with Sure Latch. It won't last long as a booster though.

ed_tricia

If the shuttle is owned/operated by Disney, car seats are not allowed. They are stowed under the bus with luggage. We went when dd was 2.5 & I took her seat for on the plane. I specifically asked the busdriver and put her seat in the cargo area myalef, situated between our bags. I didnt want to risk having it tossed and damaged. Dd just sat in a big seat on the bus. This is all for the shuttle from the airport to the Disney hotel. On Disney property, no car seats are allowed on those shuttle busses. They do not have seatbelts and a lot of the seats face sideways, as well as lots of people standing. We were at Disney World, not Land if that is relevant.

hope41more

Really??? Well, that would make a HUGE difference! I could get by with a CARES harness then. I'll have to check with MIL and see if we are renting a car.

jaemom

We just came back from disney with my 6, 8, and 9 year olds. We only needed their boosters for the two times we were in my FILs car. I didn't see anything other than infant buckets on the disney buses, and those were only ones that were used on the strollers, not really strapped into the bus.

disbugsmomma

We just came back from disney with my 6, 8, and 9 year olds. We only needed their boosters for the two times we were in my FILs car. I didn't see anything other than infant buckets on the disney buses, and those were only ones that were used on the strollers, not really strapped into the bus.

Yeah, I will never understand the people who bring their infant carriers into the parks. I see it every time we go and I'm always wondering why they don't just put the baby in the stroller and have less stuff to deal with. Boggles my mind.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC