Do not buy the Nuna Pipa on Zulily!

melinstar

The Nuna Pipa infant car seat listed on zulily does NOT come with the base. On several websites you can get the seat & base for $299. On zulily, it's the seat, stroller adapter & $25 zulily gift card for $299. Not a deal at all, since the base is $150 separately, while the stroller adapter is only $50.

(I emailed customer service--after I ordered--to inquire about the base because it wasn't specifically mentioned, although I almost assumed it would be included because otherwise what's the point of an infant seat, and thankfully I was able to cancel my order once they confirmed the base was not included.)

ADS

ebp913

Zulily is getting to be less and less of a good deal. I see full priced stuff there all the time. It's odd. Thanks for the heads up!

bpirof

Wow that's crazy!! I've been double checking every price before buying in zullily... I hate the $4 china diapers rebranded and sold for $10-15 -__-

melinstar

I just received a message from a Nuna representative, who informed me that zulily gave me incorrect information. The base does come with the car seat. Glad to know that it was zulily that made a mistake, rather than Nuna trying to pass off a deal that really wasn't one. (I, too, have been leery of zulily for a while and its "deals" and sluggish shipping, and I know I won't even bother with that site any longer.)

Since Nuna took the time to contact me, I wanted to share the corrected information here.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I was also told by Nuna that this offer does include the base and to confirm that Zulily had incorrect information. I am trying to confirm this with one of our contacts there.

I just received a message from a Nuna representative, who informed me that zulily gave me incorrect information. The base does come with the car seat. Glad to know that it was zulily that made a mistake, rather than Nuna trying to pass off a deal that really wasn't one. (I, too, have been leery of zulily for a while and its "deals" and sluggish shipping, and I know I won't even bother with that site any longer.)

Since Nuna took the time to contact me, I wanted to share the corrected information here.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Wow! Who ever heard of an infant car seat not coming with the base. That's just really crappy.

Well they never used to, in Europe they often still don't, and the Dream On Me travel systems don't include a base. And then of course, institutional seats, although many of them don't have a base available (some do.) (The Porsche Baby Seat LATCH doesn't have one available either.)

Glad this was just an error though!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC