Can the Regent be used in Denmark?

ZephyrBlue

I'm selling DD's unopened Regent on ebay and the current winning bidder lives in Denmark; I wasn't going to ship it outside of the USA, but she really wants it and I told her that if she wants to cover all shipping expenses, I'll do it. Anyway, she's SO excited about the prospect of having this seat and this afternoon I told DH about it and he said, "Can she even use that seat in Denmark?" I told him I didn't know, but surely she wouldn't be willing to pay any price (she told me that she put in a really high max bid and will happily pay shipping, since the Britax Traveller Plus I think it's called would cost approx. $1400 USD) and the Regent is a better seat. So I'm wondering, will it work in a Danish car, or do many Danish people have American cars or cars that are compatible w/American seats? :confused: She's really nice and very excited about this seat, so I feel a kinship with her :D

ADS

Morganthe

Driving holidays in Denmark a UK site states:

Children in cars: children under 3 cannot travel unless they use a proper child restraint system. Children under 3 in the rear must use a proper child restraint if one is available. Children over 3 must use appropriate restraints front and rear.

So it depends on her to look up her local laws or contact her insurance company to see if the seat would be considered "proper' or "appropriate'. Personally, I don't see why not. :shrug-shoulders:

The only issue that might be problematic would be if her seatbelts don't lock. If that's the case, you might consider picking her up a locking clip before you ship the Regent. They're not available since their carseats have lock offs like the Britax & Maxi Cosi.

If it does not work for her vehicle at all, then tell her to advertise it for the US personal at Shape in Belgium, Spanghdahlem, GE, Kaiserslautern & Mannheim-area military communities in Germany. I'm sure that someone will take it off her hands for a reasonable price since a Regent is almost impossible to get shipped by a manufacturer.

She is taking a huge risk imo, just because there is no way to make certain if it will fit in her vehicle. If she has a larger sedan, then it will, most likely. I have no idea for those mini-vehicles that some people drive over there.

best of luck :)

ZephyrBlue

Okay, I'll definately ship it with a locking clip, thanks for the tip :)

I'm wondering if it will fit in her vehicle, but she is very sure about the seat and I'm pretty sure she wouldn't spend a lot of $$ if she wasn't confident, but who knows?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC