3 booster seats for a 2003 Subaru Forrester?

U

Unregistered

Hi! We only have two children (42 and 48 lbs), but like being able I give friends rides from time to time. Our children are currently in car seats/boosters with backs and we like the ease and increased safety that these offer due to their LATCH tethers and 5-point harnesses.

We would like to keep our children as well-restrained as long as possible; especially for road trips. Our older child is petite and may benefit from a booster for ~2 more years.

I have heard that Sunshine Kids/Diono work well in most small SUVs, and I like the head rests features of the Radian RXT, but wonder if there is option that would be more affordable than spending $700-$900 on three car seats intended for infants on up.

It appears that these fold nicely making airline travel easier, too. Is an anyone comment on this feature?

If there is not a better (very safe and comfortable, but more affordable) booster option, I would like to know if buying two RXTs for my children, and a regular (Diono?) booster to accommodate a guest riding in the middle, work, logistically - i.e. will they fit three across? Also, I'm not sure if my Forrester allows/recommends tethering three seats, so can the Diono booster seats be used without latching? Is there an equally safe, but more affordable option for a booster that will fit in the middle if I buy the two new Dionos?

Thank you!!!!

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Also, what seats are you using currently? Does either kid have much growing room (shoulders below top slots, weight limit not reached) in their seat?
We can definitely find you a workable solution :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC