Car seat Christmas wish list

mom of six

Dear Santa,
I have a 6 year old who is taller and heavier than the average 6 year old and she is growing our of the seat portion of her high back booster seat. The edge of the seat hits her mid thigh and sometimes makes her legs go to sleep. I need a seat to fit her size but still be narrow enough to fit 2 boosters and a 9 year old in the third row seat of my Suburban.

Can you and your elves make me a high back booster with the following requirements...
  • Shoulder Belt guides that adjust to as high as 21 inches
  • Shoulder belt guides that can be adjusted to accommodate a seat belt coming from the back of the automobile seat OR the side wall of the vehicle.
  • Interchangeable bottom portion to accommodate smaller children and larger children. For example one with a 12-13 inch deep seat pan and another with a 15-16 inch seat pan. Either one can be attached to the back portion of the Booster.
  • Comfy head wings
  • Modest body side impact protection in a slim profile.
  • armless or flip up armrests

I am thinking an original Britax Parkway (narrow and armless) morphed with a Recaro performance Booster (I like its head wings better), interchangeable bottom portion to accommodate seating depth with a little bit of First years adjustable belt guides thrown in for flavor. Please.

OR

What about a head rest with side impact protection that fits in the automobile's headrest's mount. (you remove the vehicles original headrest and replace it with this one). Then I could use the Incoginto Kid positioner on the bottom and this awesome headrest you are going to make for side impact protection.

Love, a mom of six.

PS The kids will set out a plate of chocolate peppermint cookies for you and some carrots for Rudolf on Christmas Eve.

ADS

cookie123

Lol! I wish for a higher profile Radian. I guess the back might have to be shorter. Well, I want a low sided high profile seat (not ProRide or Foonf high) so Griffin can be easily loaded rf in my Prius AND see out! I need a butter smooth adjuster. And that's it! Not hard, right? Well just a couple more things. Easy to install in that stupid car, good Latch connectors and non twisty straps!

cookie123

Ha ha! Thanks. I'll check it out!

Hmm. I must have missed it. I see a head rest! And before that the Incognito!

mom of six

Happy dance. Booster seat headrest paired with an incognito or a Graco connext are the answer to my dilemma!!

Perfect timing too. I was considering purchasing a Dreamtime because it has a deeper seat than the seat she is currently in. Now off to find an awesome deal.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Rodifix?
But, yeah, incognito and cardiff headrest thing are already in my shopping cart, too :D (Probably for my 7 year old AND my non-compliant 14 yo :p)

NewEngland

Can I add a Dear Santa?

How about a harnessed seat for freakishly long-torso kids that doesn't cost wicked $$ and is easy to install (no, an on-sale Frontier 85 doesn't count). It's too late for DS, but you've got about 3 years to figure out something for the baby...

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Any idea on side impact issues with the Cardiff, because I'm sitting here with 5 in my cart.

Last edited:

mom of six

I was wondering that too. I actually haven't decided if I want to buy the cardiff because I am worried about SIP and I don't like how far apart the wings are. I wish they had a width adjustment...Santa?

glockchick

BY any idea on side impact issues with the Cardiff, because I'm sitting here with 5 in my cart.

From an EMS standpoint, that makes me nervous. In a side impact, your body would move, but the head could be held between or jerked to one side down on a shoulder. I'd be concerned about c-spine and possibly even head injuries caused by that thing depending on how solid/flexible it is.

Not to mention if there's a kid seated behind that thing. It appears the metal bars go all the way across the back. I'd also worry about another kid being thrown forward into it.

:twocents:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC