Needing rear facing seats.

alake

We are moving back to Canada in February. I now have three, three and under and need seats for them. I haven't bought or really looked at seats since Leah was a baby six years ago.
Logan will be three when we move. He is 30 pounds and 37 or so inches tall. I haven't decided yet, but he may go forward facing. He is becoming a challenge in the car and I am thinking I will turn him at three.
Eryn will be 18 months old. She is 21 pounds or so and is 29.5 inches tall.
Mallorie will be one a few weeks after we get there. She is 20 pounds and 27 inches talk. I know that the Canadian foonf rear faces to 40 pounds and the rxt goes to 45 is there a reason to get the foonf over the rxt. We have a foonf now, and I do love it, but don't know if the price difference is worth it. Tia.

ADS

canadiangie

You drive a current body style Ody, right?

How do you have everyone configured?

Is budget a huge concern or you're more looking for what will work best?

alake

Yes, we have a 2013 Honda. We have a Nisan NV as well, but I am not enjoying it much and missing my Honda.
We have:
Eryn behind me in a Coccoro
Logan beside her rear facing in an RXT.
Summer behind Eryn in a basic Graco turbo booster. I haven't updated my sig in a while, she is now 70 pounds and doesn't have much growing time left in it.
Leah is forward facing in a RXT beside her. Leah is 42 inches tall and around 42-45 pounds or so.
Mallorie is in a Coccoro. It is tight, but it works.
I don't have a budget, it is whatever it is going to cost me to outfit them in their car seats.

canadiangie

And all 5 need new seats, correct? You have no Canadian seats at all?

You should post pics of the NV set-up. :)

Eryn: Peg Perego Convertible or Foonf (but I adore the PP Conv)
Logan: Diono RXT - either rf or ff (good seat for both or when you're in transition mode)
Leah: Britax Frontier CT
Summer: Britax Parkway SGL
Mallory: Peg Perego Convertible or Foonf

Is your Ody a 7 or 8 pass?

alake

I know that the SGL uses the latch, but is there any other reason to get it over the SG. I like the pink cover on the SG more than the one on the SGL and knowing Summer, she is going to want pink?
It is a 8 passenger.
I am traveling with my IPad and don't have pictures of the NV on it, I will try to get some when I am home.

biddyk8

I agree with Canadianangies rec's I love our Peg with its rebound bar and the extra 5lbs RFing I prefer it to the foonf.

You moving back to Lloyd area?

canadiangie

I know that the SGL uses the latch, but is there any other reason to get it over the SG. I like the pink cover on the SG more than the one on the SGL and knowing Summer, she is going to want pink?
It is a 8 passenger.
I am traveling with my IPad and don't have pictures of the NV on it, I will try to get some when I am home.

SG is just fine. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC