4 kids on first flight

dawnp15

We are going to Disney world in feb or mar with our 4 kids, flying in from MN. This is our kids first flight and i'm feeling so lost on which seats we should bring. Our oldest i'm going to be buying a bubble bum for, just for ease of transport on the plane ect...Now the younger three is where i'm not sure what to do. My twins are 5 both ffing and youngest will be turning 2 in Jan rfing of course. The seats i have available are 2 original marathons,2 radian xtsl's,1 nautilus, 1 CCO which could possibly be outgrown rfing by the time we leave, and a scenera. My walmart also has harmony defenders on clearance right now for $69, so i could pick one up. We will have a rental van when we get down there. Please please help me choose what will be easiest to transport, install on the plane ect!!!!!!

ADS

jaemom

My opinion is your 5 year olds don't need a seat on the plane, if they are of average size. My 6 year old is small, 45" and 41 lbs and we just got back from Disney. He used a bubble bum in my fils SUV, and he was fine with the airplane seatbelt during the flight. It was. 2.5 hr direct flight, it wouldn't have worked if he needed to sleep on the plane. Will you use the rental car the whole time, or just to get to disney and then ride their transportation? I was able to check my 6 year old to make sure he fit in the bubble bum in fils truck before they left last summer. It was so much easier just packing those bubble bums. We used them for all 3 of my boys. We only used them from the airport to the resort. Then we used disney bus transport after that.

Lemonade

How big (height and weight) are the twins? And how much time will you be in a car? And will they need to do any sleeping on the plane or in the car? If the twins are big enough to do boosters and do not need to sleep, I would pack those and just let them sit in the seat belts on the plane. If they do need to sleep, I would maybe pick up something like the Evenflo Sureride if you don't want to deal with the weight of 2 marathons. Then the CCO for the 'baby' or a marathon if the CCO is outgrown.

dawnp15

The twins just turned 5 this month and are small for their age. At their check up 3 weeks ago DD was 32lbs and 3 foot 2in, and DS was 38lbs and 3 foot 5in.(Sorry couldn't remember their stats, so i had to look them up online) DD is special needs and has to be in a car seat, she can't sit in a booster. DS may be able to handle a booster for the trip, what is the weight minimum on the bubble bum?

We will be staying at Give kids the world which is outside of Disney and are planning a day trip to the ocean, so we will be spending more time in the car than probably most people do.

Lemonade

The twins just turned 5 this month and are small for their age. At their check up 3 weeks ago DD was 32lbs and 3 foot 2in, and DS was 38lbs and 3 foot 5in.(Sorry couldn't remember their stats, so i had to look them up online) DD is special needs and has to be in a car seat, she can't sit in a booster. DS may be able to handle a booster for the trip, what is the weight minimum on the bubble bum?

We will be staying at Give kids the world which is outside of Disney and are planning a day trip to the ocean, so we will be spending more time in the car than probably most people do.

Bubble Bum has a 40 lb minimum. I wouldn't want to see a 38# child in a no back booster anyway, especially if there was significant time in the car. My 5 yr old is about the same size as your DS. I say bring harness seats for both twins. Whatever you think would be easiest from the seats you have or buy something budget for the trip and to have as spares. The Evenflo Sureride has REALLY tall top harness slots so they would last you quite a while. And they are only 9 lbs, where the marathons are around 16 and the radians are obviously even more. If you want a lightweight seat for the toddler, the Cosco Scenera is very light weight and inexpensive. Your twin DD *might* fit in the Scenera too. It only goes to 40 lbs and is shorter than the Sureride.

jaemom

Yeah, with that information, I take back my information!

MommyShannon

For easiest carrying through airports, you could get 2 SureRides and bring your CCO or Scenara. They nest together so you could just put the SureRides together and the CCO in them I've strap the CCO to a stroller to transport your youngest. The SureRides will last longer than Maestros.

dawnp15

Is it really a pain to bring the Radian's? I know they're heavy, can we use a travelling toddler and attach them to our rolling carry on's? I would like to work this out with the seats we already own before we buy just for this trip. I will buy if that's what works best, i just really don't need more seat kwim??

nannykates

If your 5yo dd fits in the scenera and 2yo fits rf in the cco you could do cco scenera and 1 something else (whatever is easiest foe you to carry).

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I'd fold two Radians and stack them on a cart together, then your Scenera. That's probably the easiest combination to use and carry along.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC