Tomorrow she'll be 4

agave

Tomorrow the blue Frontier goes in the van. She tried FF for a week at 3.5 and asked to go back RF so we'll see what happens.

Last ride RF
11001111925_842bdc5922.jpg

11001251894_3c9f20c550.jpg

Obviously she's not ready for a booster.
11001104395_8311c9ee69.jpg

ADS

agave

So yesterday she drug her Frontier out of her room to make sure I didn't forget to install it.

agave

:( this would break my heart.
It's hard, she has miles of growing room in the Radian and is only 32 lbs I'll be keeping it around for a while just in case she changes her mind. The frontier gets far more convenience points, like that I can unbuckle her from the drivers seat and that I can load the kids and adults from either door now.

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
It's hard, she has miles of growing room in the Radian and is only 32 lbs I'll be keeping it around for a while just in case she changes her mind. The frontier gets far more convenience points, like that I can unbuckle her from the drivers seat and that I can load the kids and adults from either door now.

I weighed dd and she is 33lbs today. I can understand the convenience points. I have two rfers in the captains chairs in my van. Everyone crawls under, and I tilt front passenger seat behind the mysize or coccoro forward when I need to climb back there. If we were taking a long trip with adults in the rear seating positions too, I'd put dd1 in the third row since someone would be there to unbuckle. Unfortunately enough for dd1 I just went from automatic 4wd to a 2wd van. I hate to say it, but that worries me going into the winter months. Not that I'm a bad driver, but the two vehicles definitely handle differently.

Persimmon

So yesterday she drug her Frontier out of her room to make sure I didn't forget to install it.

Oh, my. Yep, that would make my heart sink. DS turns 4 at the beginning of Dec and DH has been forbidden to mention FF to DS. I am hoping DS forgets. :eek:

I hate to say it but she does look comfortable sleeping in her Frontier.

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
Oh, my. Yep, that would make my heart sink. DS turns 4 at the beginning of Dec and DH has been forbidden to mention FF to DS. I am hoping DS forgets. :eek:

I hate to say it but she does look comfortable sleeping in her Frontier.

My dh rarely gets all the CPS hoopla. He was firm with dd1 the last time she brought up ff. he told her that she is a big girl, BUT a tiny one who needed to be kept as safe as possible. :)

agave

I suspect it's permanent this time she's been FF in DH's car since 3 1/3. She did make it longer than DD1 and they where both RF past 3 except for a few rare rides. She's the perfect size to RF to booster. Oh well.

MommyShannon

Congrats on making it so long. DD2 turns 4 in March. I am so torn about letting her turn or not. I haven't dared let her see the pink cover I just got for the FR85. She would beg for it daily!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC