My 4 1/2yo has just about maxed out his RXT FF.

zactayaus

This kids torso just keeps growing and growing and I'm so sad to see him outgrowing his seats one by one. He is 4y 7m, 42lbs, and 43". His shoulders are just about dead even with the straps in his RXT now (the straps may be just a smidge over). He actually gains a bit of room when the seat is installed in my 3rd row. Probably because it has to be installed so upright.
(sorry the pics are so big, PB is being stupid)

And him being crazy!

ADS

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
Asher was just looking over my shoulder and goes, "is that me? I don't know, it's a haw-ness like me, and has a Nabi like me. I think it's me! Well... Maybe not me"

mimieliza

It's amazing how kids can be proportioned so differently. My 7-year-old still has plenty of room.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

wavegal

Yup I don't have a pic but my 4yr 11mth old outgrew it a while back, hes about 47in tall though, wears a size 6. He is super cute though :)

tiggercat

He is gorgeous! Hope it's ok to say that :)

Sam is the same in my van, but has a bit of space above his shoulders in the camry. Long bodied boys, eh?

zactayaus

Wow, 43" overall is not super tall, he must have a lot of torso! Do you have to size up in his shirts?

Love the faux-hawk! :D

Yeah, he's not super tall at all. His torso is very long but his arms are normal/short? So trying to find shirts that fit him is a challenge. 5t fits him great in the arms but is usually too short torso wise. 5/6 is way too long in the arms but usually fits him good torso wise. I usually try and buy him shirts with elastic at the wrist (or what ever you call the cuffs?) as opposed to straight arms. The shirt he's wearing in the pic is a regular 5 (not a 5t) and fits him really well. I only had to roll the cuffs up once. He wears a 5t in pants.

zactayaus

What a cutie! Time for a new seat?

And to think, at 18 1/2 months, I haven't even put the headrests on my TFs yet. :eek:

No new seats for us. We already have two FR85's, a Nauti, and a Maestro and he fits great in all of them. I'll just miss our RXT. It's been a good seat.

disbugsmomma

He's outgrown the Radian and still fits in the Maestro? I thought the Radian was taller. Guess I should pay more attention. :p

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
He's outgrown the Radian and still fits in the Maestro? I thought the Radian was taller. Guess I should pay more attention. :p

I think the radian is taller on paper, but my ds also had time left in his maestro after he hit the top slots on his radian. He's done with them both now, I think. He is in a Frontier 85 and has more room left in a Sureride than in that seat. Perplexing, huh?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC