Nautilus Questions/ was Re: Graco Nautilus Review

Pablo23

Hi. I am also very interesting in the Nautilus and also struggling to decide. It seems to be a great seat but I have read many complaints about two issues: i) the crotch strap being too small for larger kids, making them sitting on it, ii) not recline enough, so kids head hang forward when sleeping.

Could you please tell us a bit more about these two in your experience?

Thank you.

ADS

E&A0607

I am NO expert, but we had 4 nautilus at one point. my kids are tall, and long in the torso not legs, but they aren't big kids (near 49" and both right about 50lbs and 7 and just about 6). my younger daughter, very soon to be 6, outgrew her nautilus by torso height a few months ago. We LOVED the seat and had no issue with the crotch buckle. butttt the head slump was pretty bad. even when my kids were 4 or 5. it wouldn't stop me from buying another (if I had a third, which isn't happening) though.

CrazyCatLady

I've been using them for years and use one now for C. The crotch strap is a bit short but it's designed to be that way and I believe Graco said at one point that it's ok if your child is sitting on the slot where it comes out a bit, as long as it's in the furthest slot away from the bight of the seat. I usually just have kiddo lift his bum up a bit so I can pull it out. As far as head slump, it's going to depend on your car. MOST combination seats don't recline a lot so as combination seats go I actually think it's pretty good. But I have seen some head slump depending on how it sat in my vehicle seat (I've used it in at least four different vehicles). The most important thing to remember with that though is that for older kids, head slump isn't dangerous, and if they're sleeping, they're probably not even uncomfortable - it just looks that way. The Nautilus DOES have a recline feature which is NOT particularly common in combination seats, I just don't think it makes much of a difference honestly whether you use it or not.

I really like it. It's my favorite seat, actually. I'm trying hard right now to figure out how to get three across in my tiny car with a Nautilus in the mix!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC