Question Max harness/shoulder height for G3 Blvd?

FrauDrA

My youngest is in a G3 Boulevard, and I'm frustrated with the harness. What's the maximum height of the shoulder harness (or torso length) for this model? I feel like I can't get it up high enough for his shoulders (ie, to be at/above shoulder height), but he turned 4 just this month and is small for his age - I feel like it should fit.

I've just fiddled with the adjuster while he's at preschool, so I haven't been able to check the fit, but will report back later... I also need to re-measure him for height and torso.

ADS

Mary_Ann

When the headrest is fully extended, it will be ~4" higher than the actual seat shell. Make sure to fully loosen the harness before moving the headrest.

FrauDrA

I've measured his seated shoulder height at about 34 cm (he was squirmy!), and his standing height is about 100 cm. It seems strange that the highest I can get the harness seems low for him... I have uninstalled the seat and made sure nothing was blocking the adjuster mechanism, etc.

Any ideas?

FrauDrA

I just measured him again, using imperial, and yes his seated shoulder height came in at 13.5-14". I'm baffled. He's tiny for his age, and I'm anxious I've made measurement errors because it just doesn't make sense that a barely 4yo wouldn't have room to grow...

Are there any clinics coming up in Vancouver, or is anyone available to have a look?

Keeks64

I just measured him again, using imperial, and yes his seated shoulder height came in at 13.5-14". I'm baffled. He's tiny for his age, and I'm anxious I've made measurement errors because it just doesn't make sense that a barely 4yo wouldn't have room to grow... Are there any clinics coming up in Vancouver, or is anyone available to have a look?

My 5 year old only has a 14.5" torso & he has loads of room to grow!

I'm guessing that your harness is sticky & not allowing the head rest to come up.

Sometimes my splinter plate gets stuck when forward facing - I uninstall my seat, put it into recline so I can access the underside of the seat easier & make sure nothing is caught or catching. I would try to pull the harness all the way out in recline mode - as far as it can go - then try to adjust the harness height.

You should then be able to put it back into forward facing mode & adjust the harness like normal & the harness height if needed.

You should be able to see if anything is impeding it from adjusting - keep your hand on the harness from the back to feel if it gets caught

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC