SnugRide 35 on British Airways plans

A

Amal75

im planning to fly on BA from Dubai to New York with my 1 year old baby on business class and I would like to book her here own seat, im taking her graco snugride 35 car seat to use it on board the plane. have any one used car seat on the rear facing BA air plane seats? how to install it on board with the seat base like the car or without its my first time to fly with her.

ADS

monica-m

CPST Instructor
British Airways does not allow rear facing car seats. That might be the only thing I don't like about flying with them because their customer service is superb. If it's possible, I would get a convertible and you can use forward facing in the plane and rear facing in vehicles since your child is a year old. BA allows seats that are FAA certified as well as seats certified in the EU for use on aircraft. We used a Combi Coccoro when we flew with them.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Also, are you talking about airplane seats that face the rear of the plane? You cannot install a car seat on those at all; car seats may only be installed on forward-facing vehicle (including plane) seats.

cantabdad

im planning to fly on BA from Dubai to New York with my 1 year old baby on business class and I would like to book her here own seat, im taking her graco snugride 35 car seat to use it on board the plane. have any one used car seat on the rear facing BA air plane seats? how to install it on board with the seat base like the car or without its my first time to fly with her.

On BA, some of the Club World (business class) seats face rearward (aft); is that what you're talking about? As KetchupQueen mentioned, you cannot install a child restraint on anything other than a forward-facing aircraft seat. And since BA only allows forward-facing carseats, you will need another option besides the Snugride.

If you get a convertible (toddler-type) carseat for the trip, make sure that it is approved for aircraft use and that it can be installed using a lap-only belt. Most carseats in the US market meet that description, but many European seats do not, and I'm not sure where you are located or what your options are.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC