Where have all the Montereys gone??

ADS

YinzerMama

I don't know why the pickings are so slim right now. We need two need seats to replace two from an accident and the radians and monterays on amazon are almost all outside vendors and high prices.

YinzerMama

That red, yellow, and blue booster looks snazzy but I'd think most kids of booster age would turn up their nose at it?

I'm probably going to get one of the new recaros instead.

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I thought the new boosters were supposed to be in addition to, not replacing.

My source was told the Montereys are going away and not coming back. I guess we'll see!

I was told two weeks ago at a Canadian show that the Monterey is here to stay (in Canada at least) and the Cambria is a new, less adjustable version but with similar specs but no expansion width-wise. The Monterey was described as the best booster on the market so they have no plans to pull it.

Maybe they're just behind in production or something as they begin to produce these new seats? I have no idea how this stuff works, just speculating :)

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, I really can't imagine them getting rid of the Montereys.

The primary-colored boosters are part of the Little Tikes line and are a different design than the Monterey and Cambria.

christineka

That red, yellow, and blue booster looks snazzy but I'd think most kids of booster age would turn up their nose at it?

I'm probably going to get one of the new recaros instead.

It reminds me of my Fiesta Bodyguard. I would buy that booster, if I wasn't in love with that blue. I plan to buy the blue little tykes booster- if I can sell the recaro. I like the recaro, but I want that blue!

Chila88

Maybe they're just behind in production or something as they begin to produce these new seats? I have no idea how this stuff works, just speculating :)

I was talking to a Canadian Diono rep about a month ago in regard to the RXT's and was told they were having stock issues and didn't expect to have many cover options back until sometime in December.

Now that was specific to the RXT, but perhaps their stock issues are affecting all models....and like Pixelated, I can't help but think that could have to do with production of the new seats....but who knows!!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
So, for the record: The national sales rep is the one who said the Monterey is being discontinued, replaced by the Cambria. Also, the shell will continue to be sourced for the Pilot special needs booster, but it will be sourced directly from China in smaller amounts, so there will be delays on production.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC