High seat, baby above seat back is bothering me

cookie123

We installed the Pro Ride in my dd's van today, 3rd row out board, rear facing for Griffin. The seat is so high up, it looks like the whole thing could go flying out the window with out a problem under the right circumstances. He will be able to use the seat back as a leg rest (like on top of the seat) when his legs get a little longer. Is any one else uncomfortable with this? I mean it's nice he can see out. He's probably totally freaked out lol!

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Yeah, that would bother me. I MUCH prefer low-profile seats such as the Radian. I always had seats up on a big base until I bought my Radians, and I first thought I would hate how low the Radians are, but I LOVE THEM!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Safety wise it doesn't bother me, but heck no on the loading/unloading. Too much head bonk on the roofline :p

katymyers

Ella's Boulevard in the third row of my Mazda5 is like that, but the seat back isn't really a full seat back anyway. She loves being able to see out and safety wise it doesn't bother me but I do have it tethered which makes me feel better about it.

cookie123

Dd is loading thru the back hatch of the Routan. I have always liked the loading of the Radian and its low profile. I don't like that the kids can't see out. I don't recall this being an issue before my Prius. Why are the windows so high and small these days?

I'm unsure if the ProRide can be tethered rf. In a previous email they okayed it if ok with car manufacturer. The latch manual doesn't list Recaro as one that can.

Mags462

Yeah, that would bother me. I MUCH prefer low-profile seats such as the Radian. I always had seats up on a big base until I bought my Radians, and I first thought I would hate how low the Radians are, but I LOVE THEM!

This - except no Radian love here :p I do like low profile seats though.... the TF being my favorite.

But yes, i specifically took back an old style marathon which i liked otherwise due to its high base which put about 80% of the seat within my window in the second row of my Sienna. While its technically not unsafe i wasn't comfortable with it, so i kept away from the higher base seats. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC