Question Converting Frontier 85 to booster mode?

Athena

I'm converting a FR85 to booster mode. I remove harness, remove screw at rear of head rest, and flip thingy (name?) under seat backward. Did I miss anything? Thanks!

ADS

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Pull the harness adjuster all the way...out? in? out I think, and store the splitter plate in the little storage spot.

Athena

I need help with the SG clip! In which slot do I insert the SG clip? I can't find anything in the manual and the pictures that came with the clip appear to differ. Is it like in harness mode, I choose the slot closest, but not under? (assuming I can remember which slot that harness buckle was in before I removed it :eek:)

Pull the harness adjuster all the way...out? in? out I think, and store the splitter plate in the little storage spot.

Thanks! What does one do with that extra strap in front? Can I tuck in underneath the cover? It seems annoying just hanging out there.

Athena

I think she was in the outermost slot, so I'm hoping that's okay and doing it. I need to get this in the car to take her to school tomorrow and it's getting late.

E&A0607

We converted ours over the summer. I did all the things you mentioned except he SG clip. am I supposed to have one for my converted frontier 85? is it required? our parkway SGL has one, I didn't take it off, but we don't use it either. Ahhh!

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I need help with the SG clip! In which slot do I insert the SG clip? I can't find anything in the manual and the pictures that came with the clip appear to differ. Is it like in harness mode, I choose the slot closest, but not under? (assuming I can remember which slot that harness buckle was in before I removed it :eek:)

Thanks! What does one do with that extra strap in front? Can I tuck in underneath the cover? It seems annoying just hanging out there.

I would just tuck it underneath. It would drive me nuts too.

2BunniesMommy

I tucked the strap under the seat. Wouldn't have been able to handle it just hanging there. You only need to remove the screw if the head rest needs to be higher than it can go with the screw in there.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC