Convertible for 2007 Odyssey

talantine

Time to move baby girl out of her infant seat. She is about 23 lbs, 29 inches, and 13 months old.
She is in the captain's chair in the center position. Also in the car are two brothers in the third row, age 10 in a Monterey booster and age 13. Big sister, almost 6, 48", 55 lbs is behind the drivers seat in a Nautilus.

I have been reading posts, reviews, etc., and my head is spinning. Can you suggest seats for the baby? I am willing to splurge.

Thanks!
Tammie

ADS

thepote

Hi-
We have the same generation Odyssey.
I have a Radian with an angle adjuster in that off-center captains chair in with LATCH and I love it. I've also had a nextfit there and that was good, too. I keep coming back to the Radian, though!

Good luck!

featherhead

Hi-
We have the same generation Odyssey.
I have a Radian with an angle adjuster in that off-center captains chair in with LATCH and I love it. I've also had a nextfit there and that was good, too. I keep coming back to the Radian, though!

Good luck!

I agree. I have an older Odyssey (2003) and the Radian works really well with the angle adjuster.

Syllieann

I have the same yr and I agree that the radian with angle adjuster is a good fit. However, it is really a versatile vehicle and she's not super big so you have a lot of options. I've seen pics with nextfit and size4me working just fine in there too. Any of those should rf her to 4.

I like the low sides on the radian because it makes loading easier but the radian can Be difficult to install ff with seatbelt in the third row, due to the forward of the bight belts. If you anticipate needing it to ff back there down the road, you might prefer the nextfit or size4me.

The nextfit is really nice but some people dislike the shoulder pads. The graco is more of a mid grade. It has premium latch connectors but no lockoffs and it is sparsely padded.

trippsmom

CPST Instructor
Mine is an '09, so same generation. I currently have a radian with angle adjuster behind the driver for my 4 yr old (she will be 4 on Wednesday) and a mysize70 behind the passenger for my 2yo. Both are excellent fits. The mysize allows the seat to be all the way back and reclined a bit for comfort with room to spare.

stephpook

I have an '07 Ody as well. We currently have a Chicco Nextfit RF'ing behind the driver's seat. Before that it was a Graco MyRide. I've also had a Radian with and without angle adjuster in the passenger side captain's chair - both outboard and pushed to the center position. My favorite is probably the Radian (because of the low sides), followed by the Nextfit, and then the MyRide.

MommyShannon

I agree that most will work. I have a True Fit Premier there now but probably would get a NextFit, Radian, or Graco MySize70/Size4Me/Headwise to practically guarantee being able to rf until 4. I do really like the Britax convertibles too but they aren't as tall rf as the others.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I'm not a big Radian fan (although I have one in my 07 oddy at the moment for my nephew). I normally use an Evenflo Triumph for him.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I also have that generation Odyssey and haven't had a problem with any rear-facing convertibles I've tried in that position. I've used a MyRide, Size4Me, Radian with Angle Adjuster, Orbit Toddler, TrueFit, and currently have a Britax Boulevard there.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC